Rum Runner Risks

Clepire

You are so humorous. Again you have never broken any rule? Hmm you drive speed limit all,the time. Never a white lie - damn I now have had the pleasure of conversing with the perfect human. I can die happy & fulfilled.

So,let me buy the package without my DH having to buy one. They will get there 20% (cause I'm not cheap) & in cash.

Call RCI and explain your situation and they will absolutely allow you to buy one package. You can't do it online because it's hard coded if everyone in the room is 21 or over they automatically get a package added. Frankly, I don't like that policy and find it total BS but all the lines are doing it. A few years back RCI stopped it but they saw sales drop like a lead fart and attributed it to people sharing the package. With the price of drinks they're almost forcing you to buy a drink package!! Disney is the only one that I know of that lets you bring alcohol on the ship from any port. But Disney fixed that by raising the rates on tickets to compensate for loss of drink sales.

Disney is the only one that I know of that lets you bring alcohol on the ship from any port. But Disney fixed that by raising the rates on tickets to compensate for loss of drink sales.

Disneys carry on alcohol policy almost mirrors Royal and Carnivals to the "T". You are allowed two bottles of wine or champagne. Pretty sure they stopped the carry on liquor at least three years ago.

Have used them for years and absolutely no problems. Usually bring on 5 (all 16oz).

This gives me an idea for a new thread. "How many Rum Runners have you taken on board". You got be beat. I only took on 4. (2 x 8oz and 2 x 16oz)

Call RCI and explain your situation and they will absolutely allow you to buy one package. You can't do it online because it's hard coded if everyone in the room is 21 or over they automatically get a package added. Frankly, I don't like that policy and find it total BS but all the lines are doing it. A few years back RCI stopped it but they saw sales drop like a lead fart and attributed it to people sharing the package. With the price of drinks they're almost forcing you to buy a drink package!! Disney is the only one that I know of that lets you bring alcohol on the ship from any port. But Disney fixed that by raising the rates on tickets to compensate for loss of drink sales.

I'm trying to envision a lead fart. Care to clarify?

Is this thread a part-time or full-time job for you?

Mom

Foolproof way is to put it on your person. Rum runners filled up then put in a ziplock bag for spill protection or bag breakage.Put it in a pocket or bra or under a swimsuit under clothes. You walk right through the metal detectors since it's a plastic cap and even if they wand you they find nothing. I have free drinks next cruise so no need for me to do this anymore but it has always worked. The other thing that has worked is putting individual sized bottles in with your toiletries in luggage. That has also never been intercepted even with 20+ small bottles. Happy drinking!

We filled wine bottles and re-corked them on our carnival cruise last year. Worked great. Could not tell at all it was not a new unopened bottle of wine. I do not see me doing that on my RCI cruise. Only reason I did it on carnival was because of the 15 drink daily max with their booze package.

I see no issue with this and I also wouldn’t as RCL. Such customers are coupon-clippers and businesses that want to maximise profits usually need to have an offering for such customers that does not detract takings from full-service customers. Staff will have been trained to only pull-up customers with alcohol in their luggage in original bottles; these are customers from which a few more dollars can be easily squeezed. The coupon-clippers are not going to spend more and in too many cases won’t come again if denied the ability to pay the lower overall fare that they seek.

This is just price optimisation at play.

Interesting point mr duck. In that my wife and I no longer drink I was thinking how reading this thread was a total waste of time (a car wreck, couldn’t look away) but I think you have the right of it. Kind of like Apple charging $100 more for $5 more memory. People that don’t worry about $100 will get the extra memory and those that can’t afford the extra money will opt for the cheaper option. When we did drink there was no way we would drop $400/ pp or $10-12/ drink. Good chance we’d have opted for a different vacation option if we couldn’t have smuggled in our supplies. RC probably just finds enough to keep the smuggling from being so easy that even the people that could afford to pay their crazy prices from doing so. One data point that backs up your hypothesis is that they will often return your rum runner to you if they do find it. Never tried one ourselves. We used to just throw a couple of five liter bags of wine in our checked bags and call it good. Never a problem.