Checking in = missing out on sales?

Aerya

Hi!

My TA is pushing me to check in to my cruise which is in 33 days. I'm used to checking in a couple days before, but not this early (I'm afraid I'll lose the papers...).

I was under the impression that if I check in now, any future sales in the cruise planner are not available to me anymore. Is this correct? I'm afraid there might be a sale on excursions or the refreshment package or coffee card in the next couple of weeks. Can anyone confirm if they sometimes do sales in January/early Feb?

Basically, should I check in now or wait? THANK YOU!

We checked in for our March cruise a few weeks ago, we still get sales emails for drinks etc. Same last fall, checked in in August for our October trip received several emails about sales actually ended up canceling our drink package 3 weeks before and repurchasing it at 30% off. We were already checked in with luggage tags and everything printed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why would you lose them? Don't you keep a folder with all of your cruise records together?

I have already checked in for my April 8 cruise and have all of the information relating to that cruise in a folder to carry in my hand luggage.

A few days before your cruise you will no longer be able to print boarding passes or luggage tags, so do it now. You can always reprint them if you lose them, but if you wait too long you won't have them at all.

I always print all my documents to PDF as well as paper copies so I can re-print them if I lose them.