Platinum

PapafromMaine

I am sorry to say if this is your 7th sailing or you will be going over 70 days onboard whatever status you embark with is what you are for the full cruise ..... your next sailing you will presented with your pin and your key card will say platinum....Cunard's words"no mid-voyage promotions , you will receive the pin on your first voyage after achieving membership level " enjoy!!:)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am sorry to say if this is your 7th sailing or you will be going over 70 days onboard whatever status you embark with is what you are for the full cruise ..... your next sailing you will presented with your pin and your key card will say platinum....Cunard's words"no mid-voyage promotions , you will receive the pin on your first voyage after achieving membership level " enjoy!!:)

Good to know information if they were sailing Cunard. But since this the Carnival board I assume they are sailing on Carnival and will be Platinum from the start of the cruise.

Check you cruise documents. It will say "Priority". Also on one of the pages it list the passengers, their VIFP #, and the status you will have on the cruise.

I will also be turning Platinum 4 days into our next 8 day cruise. My documents list me as Platinum and say Priority

This happened to my husband and I two cruises ago with Carnival. We were allowed platinum status for the entire cruise. You will know when you do the online check in and print your cruise documents. If it says priority in red and you are not in a suite, then they granted you platinum status. I hope it works out for you, as you get some great perks with it. Dedicated line for check ins and inquiries are the best. Couple bags of laundry in there as well [emoji3]

It will say on your booking documents what status you are. On our last cruise I thought we were gonna be Platinum. After that cruise we received our Platinum cards in the mail. Our booking status for our up coming Cruise says Platinum now. Have fun!!

oops:):)

Yes, Carnival Corp owns Cunard, but different rules for different lines - this is one of those rules. I turned Platinum in the middle of a cruise, got a Platinum card and all the perks from day 1 of that cruise. Like others have said, check your docs, they should say "Priority". Enjoy!

Lately it has been the stationary on pretty much the entire fleet. Not one of their better choices

Yeah, pretty much useless but not the worst. 😎. Understand free is free, and I appreciate the thought but sometimes it seems there isn't much thought given. I wonder who makes decision on what is given and what the selection criteria is.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

On our next cruise, we will turn platinum on the last day of our cruise. Will we be considered platinum for this cruise or will it be the next?

This is an interesting question. Yes you turn the next level if you reach it during your trip, however, is the last day counted? If a 7 day cruise goes Saturday to Saturday, does the last Saturday count as a day as that would be 8 days? Anyone had that happen?

This is an interesting question. Yes you turn the next level if you reach it during your trip, however, is the last day counted? If a 7 day cruise goes Saturday to Saturday, does the last Saturday count as a day as that would be 8 days? Anyone had that happen?

A 7 day from Sat to Sat is actually Sat-Fri with debarkation on that following Sat. The day of debarkation does not count. IE: You have 67 sea days and sail a 7 day from Sat to Fri (Sat) you finish that sailing with 74 days, you would hit day #75 on your next sailing then.

As far as I can tell it's a box with a pen and several small note cards

Yep, we just got off the Imagination a couple of weeks ago and that was what they had. I'm not sure how often they switch up but we got the same thing in July.

We got Tervis cups on the Imagination in September, Tervis cups on the Inspiration in December, and stationery on the Inspiration 2 weeks ago.

Had never received the stationery before, so we were OK with them this time. Don't think I want anymore tho. Hope they change by mid February... :)

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

We hit 75 days on the last day of our cruise last week aboard the Pride and were awarded the Platinum cards day one of the cruise and our boarding passes said Platinum for VIFP status. We got the stationary as the gift...kept the pen and trashed the rest...took the unopened one to guest services and they swapped it out for one of the blue VIFP night light. Hope we get something different on the Sunshine in February.

Cheers and happy cruising.