Waiting for friends to pick us up at Port Everglades

jantoby

Friends from Ft. Lauderdale are picking us up when we get back from our cruise. I don't want them to have to get up early if we're first off the ship.

Is there somewhere in/near the terminals where we can sit and wait for them for an hour or two after we've recovered our luggage?

Once you clear US Customs you're out the door. The area is so compact take a cab to the Marriott Harbor Beach, grab a Starbucks, walk around the beach and your friends can meet you there.

We just went there post cruise last week.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Friends from Ft. Lauderdale are picking us up when we get back from our cruise. I don't want them to have to get up early if we're first off the ship.

Is there somewhere in/near the terminals where we can sit and wait for them for an hour or two after we've recovered our luggage?

Early? Why be first off the ship?

Go to the Guest Services Desk and ask for luggage tags that are the last call. If you take your time, relax and wait to disembark last you won't get through Customs until about 10:30 AM. Surely that is not early for them?

Early? Why be first off the ship?

Go to the Guest Services Desk and ask for luggage tags that are the last call. If you take your time, relax and wait to disembark last you won't get through Customs until about 10:30 AM. Surely that is not early for them?

Thanks for this.

It's the first time in 20+ cruises that I'm being met and not flying home the same day. Didn't occur to me this time that I could to ask for a late disembark.

Once you clear US Customs you're out the door. The area is so compact take a cab to the Marriott Harbor Beach, grab a Starbucks, walk around the beach and your friends can meet you there.

Thanks. If I can't get a late disembark I'll do this. Sounds like a plan.

Thanks. If I can't get a late disembark I'll do this. Sounds like a plan.

You don't necessarily "have" to be in the last group called....your luggage will be in the terminal....as long as your tag number has been called you can depart later.

You don't necessarily "have" to be in the last group called....your luggage will be in the terminal....as long as your tag number has been called you can depart later.

I was going to say this, too. Just depart the ship anytime after your luggage color/number is called! Our luggage is usually ready and easier to find. No need to even change your tags.

Stay on the ship until they kick you off. :)

If your friends live in Ft Lauderdale proper, they'll be 15-40 minutes away. Just call them as soon as you are ready to walk off the ship. They'll pick you up in the "private car pickup" area. Most of the terminals have benches to sit on in that area.