Travel Insurance

Wheelie65

hi terriorjohn

hope i am not interfering but have you tried WORLD FIRST we have just insured with them for the caribbean in dec. i had a heart attack and also AF. my hubby as vascular disease in his leg (been stable for 16 years now) they have covered us both it was expensive but at the end of the day it is piece of mind, and i so want to go tothe caribbean!!! i used them last jan for our first cruise to the caneries, but that was not so expensive. anyhow all the best and hope you find a good one.

hi terriorjohn

hope i am not interfering but have you tried WORLD FIRST we have just insured with them for the caribbean in dec. i had a heart attack and also AF. my hubby as vascular disease in his leg (been stable for 16 years now) they have covered us both it was expensive but at the end of the day it is piece of mind, and i so want to go tothe caribbean!!! i used them last jan for our first cruise to the caneries, but that was not so expensive. anyhow all the best and hope you find a good one.

World first were one of those that declined to quote, possibly because we want cover for a 35 day trip.

We have just had an excellent quote from Insurancewith. I have a incurable cancer and most company's quote are extortionate or they decline to cover me. Insurancewith quoted my daughter and myself £159 for the two of us on an 17 night eastern med cruise. Brilliant!

We have just had an excellent quote from Insurancewith. I have a incurable cancer and most company's quote are extortionate or they decline to cover me. Insurancewith quoted my daughter and myself £159 for the two of us on an 17 night eastern med cruise. Brilliant!

That sounds far too good to be true, have you checked that they are definitely covering your pre-existing conditions, Saga gave me a quote but excluded any claims against my wife's PEC's.

Which is about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

My annual policy comes with my Natwest bank account and is worldwide including the USA etc etc. I pay a reasonable premium for my medical conditions and no additional screening required until I am 70, 4 years to go!

what surprised me was that I have a slight heart murmur and the premium was raised by a few pounds. Two years later I was informing them another thing was wrong with me and they asked about the heart murmour. I explained I was not on medication, had no symptoms that I could feel and that the consultant had said not to worry about it and if the valve needed replacing in a dozen years or so they would just pop a new one in. They reduced the premium :eek::D

I went on a world cruise segment last year and it was more than 31 days. They increased it to 33 days for a small premium of less than £20 and also asked me to inform them when I returned. The holiday lasted 35 days because I was stranded in Singapore because I could not fly for medical reasons (Norovirus) They paid my expenses without issue. A week or so I phoned them about being back home. They asked if I would be taking any holidays over 31 days before the renewal date. No said I. OK, we will refund you £12 :confused::)

My annual policy comes with my Natwest bank account and is worldwide including the USA etc etc. I pay a reasonable premium for my medical conditions and no additional screening required until I am 70, 4 years to go!

what surprised me was that I have a slight heart murmur and the premium was raised by a few pounds. Two years later I was informing them another thing was wrong with me and they asked about the heart murmour. I explained I was not on medication, had no symptoms that I could feel and that the consultant had said not to worry about it and if the valve needed replacing in a dozen years or so they would just pop a new one in. They reduced the premium :eek::D

I went on a world cruise segment last year and it was more than 31 days. They increased it to 33 days for a small premium of less than £20 and also asked me to inform them when I returned. The holiday lasted 35 days because I was stranded in Singapore because I could not fly for medical reasons (Norovirus) They paid my expenses without issue. A week or so I phoned them about being back home. They asked if I would be taking any holidays over 31 days before the renewal date. No said I. OK, we will refund you £12 :confused::)

That sounds a very good deal Dave, of course, it being the nationalised RBS, you are being paid by the taxpayer when you make a claim.:rolleyes:;)

However things do get more complicated as you get older, especially with any medical conditions. Our underwriter currently stops offering annual policies to over 75's, 2 years to go for us, and one trip policies are almost as expensive as annual ones, so insurance is going to become a major factor in our future cruise planning.