Any new updates on the Victory?

siestakeys04

So all of the rooms are deck 7 are finished? Did you have delayed boarding?

Yes we walked up and down 7 and they all appeared to be renovated. Yes we received an email prior to cruise saying boarding would be delayed and it was true. We boarded at 1:15pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone! I'm on the Victory right now and did some exploring! They are working on deck 8. Starboard side from all the way forward to 8399 is NOT renovated. They are working from 8399 to aft. On port side they are working on a much bigger section. Most of the entrances that we tried on deck 8 port side were blocked off to construction. Deck 9, 10, and 11 are not renovated.

Thank you sososo much for taking time out or your trip to check this out!! MUCH appreciated. We will be on 8427 starboard side (last cabin before the aft wrap) in 3 weeks so I think we will be in luck!! Thanks for the good news!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On ship on ... all information is true regarding restaurants and room renovations and hair dryer. Will check renovation progress and update. Delayed sailing was 1:30 PM but we were able to come into building, go through security, check in, get room assignment and card and then waited until time to board.

Will update later ... let me know if u have any specific questions I can investigate.

We just got our Cabin assignment for our March 6th Cruise and were put on the Lido Deck (9) Does that mean all the upgrades have been done to the lower decks first? Are they going in that order?

We are going to be sailing on the March 6th cruiser as well. We are getting super excited. :)

We just got our Cabin assignment for our March 6th Cruise and were put on the Lido Deck (9) Does that mean all the upgrades have been done to the lower decks first? Are they going in that order?

Yes they started from the bottom up. So decks 1-7 are done. They are currently working on 8. Our room steward said that 8 should be done in 3 weeks and that they hope to have 9, 10, and 11 done by May. I don't know how reliable that information is but that is what he told me.

And a few more.... Note the fridge is now in the bottom of the closet. There are no more full length mirrors. They have installed USB ports on the wall. The blow dryer is the kind you have to hold button continuously to keep it on.e9365d429dbcd6f53f9b176a685151e5.jpg7bee72c89c3b42ba27365ab597a3160f.jpg72839588f399e9d8138e9df1b2de14c6.jpg165de076c952281f2d5aa7852f274a86.jpg

Carvival Victory sail date: March 10, 2017. Room 8410. I plan to buy the drink package put my wife do not drink at all. This is my first Carnival cruise, is it true this cruise line requires both adults in the room to but the package? Lastly, I hope our room is updated by then. [emoji4]

Carvival Victory sail date: March 10, 2017. Room 8410. I plan to buy the drink package put my wife do not drink at all. This is my first Carnival cruise, is it true this cruise line requires both adults in the room to but the package? Lastly, I hope our room is updated by then. [emoji4]

Yes it is true that all adults 21 and over in the same cabin must purchase the Cheers package. They do not allow any exceptions to the rule.

Anyone who has recently sailed the Victory and had delayed boarding, did you notice if there were any wedding parties and if so, were they also delayed?

My daughter is getting married on the Victory on April 21, and with such a short window for her non-sailing guests, I'm really hoping the wedding party can get on board in time.

Yes they started from the bottom up. So decks 1-7 are done. They are currently working on 8. Our room steward said that 8 should be done in 3 weeks and that they hope to have 9, 10, and 11 done by May. I don't know how reliable that information is but that is what he told me.

Do they have "beach towels" in the rooms to use when in port?

We were on Victory in July and they did not have towels for port. We did order cool towels from the online shop and had them delivered to our room before boarding. They are really nice quality and we found them to be a good price. They are perfect for taking to shore. We now keep them in our travel trailer and use them often. (I think we got a package that had 2 towels and a beach bag)

And a few more.... Note the fridge is now in the bottom of the closet. There are no more full length mirrors. They have installed USB ports on the wall. The blow dryer is the kind you have to hold button continuously to keep it on.e9365d429dbcd6f53f9b176a685151e5.jpg7bee72c89c3b42ba27365ab597a3160f.jpg72839588f399e9d8138e9df1b2de14c6.jpg165de076c952281f2d5aa7852f274a86.jpg

This is great! The rooms look amazing! Did you use the USB ports? Did they work to charge your phones? I'm thinking for 2 of us we probably don't have to bring the power strip!