Any new updates on the Victory?

siestakeys04

On the Victory right now. All cabins completed. I am on the lido deck. We had the delay but they started boarding right at 1:30. We got to the terminal at 12:30 and we were onboard by 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Any recommendations for the closest beach within walking distance of the cruise port? We visited Atlantis last time, but would like to remain close to the ship this time around. Also any other recommendations to do near the cruise port. Thank you very much

On the Victory right now. All cabins completed. I am on the lido deck. We had the delay but they started boarding right at 1:30. We got to the terminal at 12:30 and we were onboard by 2.

What time was your check in time? What time did the cruise take off?

My check in time is at 2pm, and just got the email for the 2 hour delay for the 3/10 cruise.

We will be in Miami with nothing to do, I'm wondering if still arriving at 2-2:30 is acceptable, or will they make us wait in the terminal for 2+ hours.

I guess I could just take my time, eating a late lunch somewhere..

Question especially for those who just recently sailed. Does it seem possible they will have deck 11 (Spa) done for May 1st? That's just shy of two months. I have been following and it seems like they got deck 9 done quite quickly and now are on deck 10. There aren't many rooms on that deck (Panorama) nor on the Spa deck. The Tampa Times had a brief story on the renovations several months ago, it was thought that May 1st would actually be the first official sailing of the completed renovations. (Jay Leno sailing) But of course I didn't count on that.

Edited by Tampa8

Thank you! Do you think it's better to show up 1-2 hours later than your scheduled boarding time in these cases? Or do they give you an updated recommended time of arrival?

You're welcome. Yes, I arrived two hours later at 2:00 pm. I had a 12 - 12:30 pm check in window. You will not get an updated recommended time of arrival. You will receive an email and a pre-recorded phone call telling you to add two hours to your selected time of checkin.

Is it even worth getting the FFTF for my trip at the end of the month with all the 2 hour delays? It would be a long enough day for me since leaving my state at midnight the day before the cruise. Thanks. Has anyone had an inside cabin on Rivera deck yet? No mini frig?

If you do get it, you can checkin at 1:30 pm, that's when boarding begins for Platinum, Diamond, FTTF and everyone.

Edited by B744

Question especially for those who just recently sailed. Does it seem possible they will have deck 11 (Spa) done for May 1st? That's just shy of two months. I have been following and it seems like they got deck 9 done quite quickly and now are on deck 10. There aren't many rooms on that deck (Panorama) nor on the Spa deck. The Tampa Times had a brief story on the renovations several months ago, it was thought that May 1st would actually be the first official sailing of the completed renovations. (Jay Leno sailing) But of course I didn't count on that.

Yes, it's very possible Deck 11 will be completed by May 1st. I got off last Friday morning (3/3/17).

I was on the ship about 20 minutes after the Faster to the fun people, so not sure if the cost is worth it?

The staff keeps saying all of the cabins are upgraded.

The ship looks great. The weather was perfect but there was a LOT of spring breakers!! They were pretty crazy but entertaining. I felt bad because the college kids were terrible tippers. Keep in mind how hard all these people work for you!!

Day at sea right now, very windy but warm!!

We will be sailing May 1st also on Spa deck. I hope it's done as they upgraded us to that deck from deck 6 which is already done.. I am diabetic and really need fridge.

See you then!

Yes, it's very possible Deck 11 will be completed by May 1st. I got off last Friday morning (3/3/17).

Thanks for the reply. I'm feeling more confident you are correct.

Pictures of 8410 with Balcony. We arrive at 1:30 and walked right on, no lines. Original check in time was for 12 to 12:30.

Glad you're onboard and are happy with your upgraded Stateroom. Have a great time on your cruise vacation.

Hi everyone! I will be on the Victory on April 17th in room 6224. This will be my 10th Carnival cruise, but first with the new updated cabins. Do they have a electrical outlet in the bathroom now?

Hey neighbor! We will be in 6366! Should be a great trip!

First cruise: Carnival Victory, 4/17/2017

Did they replace the mattress'? Also...can the new sofas be made into a bed??

Thanks to all who have posted pictures....looks very nice!!

I'm really thinking about booking the Victory for May and trying to decide on the 8th, 9th, or 10th deck in a balcony.