Any new updates on the Victory?

siestakeys04

Anyone who has recently sailed the Victory and had delayed boarding, did you notice if there were any wedding parties and if so, were they also delayed?

My daughter is getting married on the Victory on April 21, and with such a short window for her non-sailing guests, I'm really hoping the wedding party can get on board in time.

We sailed on January 30th and there was a wedding party. They boarded at 12:00pm. I am platinum and boarded at 1:15pm.

Do they have "beach towels" in the rooms to use when in port?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes. They always have beach towels in your cabin for you to use throughout the cruise. Just bring the dirty towels back and your room steward will replace them with clean beach towels daily. Make sure you don't lose them or they will charge you $22 per towel.

We are currently booked on deck 9 for March 20th sailing. There are still available balconies on deck 8 (also cheaper but they can't give me a credit because I booked late?). Would you switch? I'm kind of mad that they didn't mention anything about the refurbished cabins. I called today and the girl was clueless. She said they're loading supplies (delayed boarding), but they wouldn't be doing any construction during cruise. Only in dry dock. So does anyone know when they're actually working on the cabins? Thx for any info.

The 360 deg view of the Lido balconies looks like what I remember, but this thread makes them seem really bad. Are the pictures on the website accurate? Thx again!

From what I have been reading they have been working on cabins during sailing(someone correct me if this is wrong). They were/are on deck 8 they have completed 1,2,6,7. If you go back to post 38-39 you will see how the updated rooms look.

I assumed they were working on the reconstruction during sail time? I have a room on deck 8 sailing out March 31 and hope that it's updated! Anyone that can validate this for me? Thanks in advance

Last I heard they were currently working during sailings on room renovations. Currently on deck 8 starboard side. Some on deck 8 aft as well. I'm sailing a week from Monday on deck 8 so I will let you know. :) And yeah carnival customer svc seems to have no idea about room renovations.

We are currently booked on deck 9 for March 20th sailing. There are still available balconies on deck 8 (also cheaper but they can't give me a credit because I booked late?). Would you switch? I'm kind of mad that they didn't mention anything about the refurbished cabins. I called today and the girl was clueless. She said they're loading supplies (delayed boarding), but they wouldn't be doing any construction during cruise. Only in dry dock. So does anyone know when they're actually working on the cabins? Thx for any info.

The 360 deg view of the Lido balconies looks like what I remember, but this thread makes them seem really bad. Are the pictures on the website accurate? Thx again!

I don't know what the 360 deg view shows but I've been on the Victory three times. The older cabins have basically the same layout as the renovated ones but the older cabins are all orange with the old vinyl couch. They have tube tvs instead of flat screens and they also do not have refrigerators. The new cabins have normal blow dryers and USB ports built in the wall for charging stuff (the older cabins do not).

Thanks everybody for the responses. I think I'll keep my Lido cabin even if it's not updated. I don't mind the orange rooms! Me and a friend are taking our 2 college daughters (who are roomies) so I think it's going to be a fun cruise! ;)

Just got off the ship today - we had balcony 6374 and all of deck 6 appeared to be refurbished. Likewise, we walked deck 7 and it appeared done. We didn't walk deck 8, but since they are working their way up from the lower decks, guessing that is where the work is now taking place. When we left today, cabins on Lido were open for housekeeping and they are still the older style/palette. Other than a delayed boarding, and one of the aft starboard elevators' walls covered in padded protection material, the crew did an outstanding job limiting the impacts of the work to those enjoying our vacation!

B744, could you please let me know if rooms 8402 & 8410 balcony rooms are updated when you return. We are going for a special occasion. Thank you!

Yes, those two balcony staterooms have been updated Sea_Legs38.

Edited by B744

Have they made it up to 8271 yet?

They are working on 8271 now.

So to update: from 8202 to 8252 on the port side are being updated, then from 8201 to 8399 on the starboard side are being updated.

Edited by B744