Any new updates on the Victory?

siestakeys04

I'm so excited for the updates!! We just booked our 2nd cruise, this one over our 25th anniversary. Our first cruise was on the Breeze....so I am excited the Victory's cabins were recently renovated, they'll look like the Breeze! We splurged and got the premium vista aft balcony!! I'm super excited to see how the aft is since we were forward on the last one!! I can't wait!!

Do not stay on the eighth floor if you have not booked your room yet. I noticed while staying on the eighth floor lots of noise coming from the ninth floor from chairs & foot traffic from the restaurant above. I would suggest booking 7, 9, or 10th. Also the safes require a credit card or drivers license in order to use them. My girlfriend and I used a gift card from a legal seafood to access it each day. You are not allowed to use your room key. Our mattress was replaced but I am unaware if all remodeled rooms receive the same. The plugs are by the mirror along the wall not near the beds. Each room has a refrigerator, all rooms are done including the ninth deck. I am on unaware if the sofas turns into a bed we didn't check. While eating on the ninth deck, we found plenty of seating outside by the oyster bar and pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the info. Sea_Legs!

I'm hoping someone can answer the question about the sofas. On the Carnival booking site, it says they will bring in a trundle bed if there is a 3rd person. I can't imagine "where" you would put a trundle bed!?!

Thanks for the info. Sea_Legs!

I'm hoping someone can answer the question about the sofas. On the Carnival booking site, it says they will bring in a trundle bed if there is a 3rd person. I can't imagine "where" you would put a trundle bed!?!

We had a trundle bed for my 5 year old grandson on the Fantasy. We had zero room to walk. I would tip it against the wall when he was not sleeping in it. I cannot imagine anyone other than a child sleeping on one.

He will have one again in August because he is still little.

This is August 2016. You can see the foot of our bed at the bottom right corner of this pic.

14100307_10209141343042097_8696552859577033391_n.jpg?oh=e6ee85a64a562ead3e3c13001c6636b3&oe=592E49DA

Edited by willsamsmom
Added photo

Well that little face just made my day! :)

We're leaving this Sunday (3/19) and cruising Monday. I'll be sure and write a review!. I've loved reading all about the Victory!

Looking forward to your review! We leave in April. Enjoy your cruise!!:cool:

Well that little face just made my day! :)

We're leaving this Sunday (3/19) and cruising Monday. I'll be sure and write a review!. I've loved reading all about the Victory!

Thank you! He loves to cruise. We are going again in August, but have not told him yet. He would be packed with his suitcase by the door right now!

I just did the online checking tonight for our 4/10 cruise, got a boarding time of 11-11:30. Hopefully they stick to that time and I won't get the dreaded letter days before we cruise.

Let us know if you get any notice of delayed boarding......we're on the cruise right after you!

• 3 weeks later...

I got my reminder to check-in online yesterday, for our 4/10 Victory cruise. I don't know how the delayed boarding email looks. This is the email I received. Is there something they send out closer to departure (I am 35 hours from boarding):

"

April 6, 2017

Dear Carnival Victory Guest,

Your cruise is right around the corner and we want to provide you with important information to help expedite your embarkation process.

• If you haven't already done so, please visit us at www.carnival.com/Onlinecheckin to select your check in window and complete your Online Check-In. A check-in time will automatically be assigned to guests who do not pre-select a window.
  • Cruise terminal doors will open at 10:30 AM for all guests. Please plan to arrive at the cruise terminal within the check-in window you selected online, unless you are Priority or have purchased Faster to the Fun, then, you may come at any time after 10:30 AM.
  • You will need your printed boarding pass, picture ID and citizenship documents to enter the terminal.
  • If you plan on opening an onboard cash account, please do so at time of check-in.
  • Boarding for all guests is scheduled for 12:30 PM.
  • You may access your stateroom at 1:30 PM. If you are a Diamond, Platinum guest or have purchased Faster to the Fun, you may proceed to your stateroom as soon as you board.
  • While you wait for your stateroom to be ready, please proceed to Lido Deck and grab a bite to eat or feel free to get acquainted with our public areas.
  • Our housekeeping team will work to get your checked luggage to you as soon as possible. However, keep in mind that given the volume, this may take us several hours to complete. Alternatively, you may hand carry your luggage on board if not larger than 16"H X 24"W.

In preparation for departure, all guests must arrive at the cruise terminal no later than one hour prior to the ship's scheduled departure time, or risk being denied boarding.

We are looking forward to welcoming you aboard for a FUN and memorable cruise vacation.

See you soon!

Sincerely,"

Onboard right now and had no delay. Got the controversial FTTF and must say for us it was well worth it getting onboard. The line swellled at the Embark A area. They called for FTTF, but for us to go the empty Embark B area...bam onboard, straight to the room to drop luggage and off to lido for drinks and lunch

Onboard right now and had no delay. Got the controversial FTTF and must say for us it was well worth it getting onboard. The line swellled at the Embark A area. They called for FTTF, but for us to go the empty Embark B area...bam onboard, straight to the room to drop luggage and off to lido for drinks and lunch

We are on the Victory on Friday and we have an 11-11:30 check-in time....wondering what time you arrived that the line for Embark A was so long? Thanks!