Any new updates on the Victory?

siestakeys04

Deck 8 aft starboard side is being updated now. I'm on the Victory now and I just walked that deck. None of the cabins on Deck 9 have been updated as yet.

Update: From 8201 to 8399 are being updated now. Also from 8202 to 8252 also being updated now.

Room8402& 8410 with Balconies were assigned to us through the travel agent. Does anyone know if these rooms have been renovated?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sea_Legs38, here are pictures I took of the updated cabin doors and numbers of 8402 & 8410. Click image for larger view. Everyone with updated cabins will love them. The TV is a wall-mounted Samsung Smart TV. I was on the Carnival Miracle for 15 nights last month and on entering the cabin on the Victory, it was refreshing to see a different décor. There are two USB port and two electrical outlets instead of the previous one.

IMG_1648.jpg.7731e2dff410b1e08dc7a8f1ee705376.jpg

IMG_1647.jpg.b839f8089277b9f2a229a2aa263192f5.jpg

Edited by B744

Do they seem to be working quickly? We are cruising in 40 days and our room is 8398

That cabin is undergoing work now. I'll be back on the Victory in 10 days going in a different direction so I'll see then and let you know. I do believe it will be finished in time for your sailing in 40 days, that's over a month away.

Does the ship have a tv channel that plays that smooth jazzy/easy listening music? I know on a NCL ship I was on for my first cruise (our 2nd time is in 50 days in Victory:D) it had the bow cam also. Trying figure if I need to bring my little Bose and spring for the internet package to stream music at night. Can't sleep without my Pandora Smooth Jazz channel, like some people with box fans, lol

dsnutz, I didn't browse all the TV Channels but the ones with the webcam had music playing. I'll be back on the Victory one week from Monday and I'll check to see if there are music channels.

That cabin is undergoing work now. I'll be back on the Victory in 10 days going in a different direction so I'll see then and let you know. I do believe it will be finished in time for your sailing in 40 days, that's over a month away.

I'm sorry jennyfur02 but I have to correct myself. After looking at the deck plan, Stateroom 8398 update has been completed. If you look at the deck plan, all staterooms from 8401 aft to 8427, then all aft facing cabins from 8433 to 8428, and from 8422 forward to 8254, which includes your cabin 8398 have been completed.

Edited by B744

I don't know about the interior or ocean view cabins but I know all of the renovated balconies have the mini fridge. It's in the bottom of one of the tall clothes closets.

Thanks for the reply @imluvncruzn we are all set for our July cruise which we do have a balcony on deck 7, yea!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

I'm sorry jennyfur02 but I have to correct myself. After looking at the deck plan, Stateroom 8398 update has been completed. If you look at the deck plan, all staterooms from 8401 aft to 8427, then all aft facing cabins from 8433 to 8428, and from 8422 forward to 8254, which includes your cabin 8398 have been completed.

Wonderful! Thanks I can't wait to get cruising - 1st timer :)

Wonderful! Thanks I can't wait to get cruising - 1st timer :)

You're welcome. You'll love the cabin even though as a first timer, you have nothing to compare it to. I can tell you the updates are refreshing. The Carnival Sunshine(formally the Carnival Destiny) was also updated in 2013 but far more extensively. Carnival Breeze was the first ship to feature the new look Stateroom corridors and cabins in 2012.

what about 8289, we sail on her Monday!

Is that area updated?

If you are assigned that stateroom and you sail on Monday Feb 20th, I take it, it will be ready because that area was being updated when I debarked on Friday morning(Feb 17th)and it seemed to be almost complete. The only cabin that anyone could clearly see above the partition from the stairs was 8399 and that had the new door and decor. The cabins from 8201 thru 8399 was completely closed off and being worked on.

Edited by B744