Carnival Breeze or Carnival Magic

Shipof6Fools

Trying to decide between the Carnival Breeze and the Carnival Magic, both out of Port Canaveral Sept-Oct 2018. The Breeze will be replacing Magic at that port. I know the ships are the same class and virtually identical accept for interior decorations.

Would it be a good idea to sail the Magic knowing that is her last one or two sailings from that port? I am worried they might close down certain venues for maintenance or not have their full complement of entertainment. OR is there a similar worry with the Breeze knowing she is knew in port? Will there be embarkation nightmares, etc since she is new to the port?

Just seeking advice from the experience of the CC community. I am sure someone has sailed under the above conditions.

They Both are great ships I don't think they will shut down any of the venues we are just off the Magic and booked her agin for Dec. We have been on the Breeze 6 time you can't go wrong with either ship!

As for Port Canaveral it is a great port never had an issue with embarkation or debarkation

Edited by RFNHRA

We loved everything about the Breeze but especially the decor. It's so unlike any of the other ships. With the soft cool Caribbean colors, it felt more like a really upscale resort than a cruise ship. I loved how in the Lido they disguised the columns to look like palm trees, they look so real. The whole area looks like an island cafe, prettiest Lido I've seen so far. And all of the ship is beautiful like that. That's why we are sailing her again this year. The elegance and ambiance of this ship is very appealing. And it's going into drydock in a couple of months so it will be even prettier and hopefully have an Alchemy bar and Pig & Anchor BBQ restaurant. :D

We loved everything about the Breeze but especially the decor. It's so unlike any of the other ships. With the soft cool Caribbean colors, it felt more like a really upscale resort than a cruise ship. I loved how in the Lido they disguised the columns to look like palm trees, they look so real. The whole area looks like an island cafe, prettiest Lido I've seen so far. And all of the ship is beautiful like that. That's why we are sailing her again this year. The elegance and ambiance of this ship is very appealing. And it's going into drydock in a couple of months so it will be even prettier and hopefully have an Alchemy bar and Pig & Anchor BBQ restaurant. :D

Breeze is by far my favorite ship. The decor is very aesthetically pleasing.

Anyone that read my Magic review knows Im now a HUGE Magic fan but Im also very excited that Breeze will be taking her place in my favorite homeport in 2018. Cant wait to sail on her :) Glad to hear about the sushi!

So glad to read this. Considering the Breeze for 2019. This thread might have sealed the deal. Thanks

Sailed on the Dream six times, the Breeze once and the Magic once. The Breeze differs in that it makes better use of the same public spaces by adding more spaces for the crowds to diffuse. For instance in the buffet on Lido deck, the Dream and the Magic have solid walls when you walk through between food stations to the stern of the ship. There are doors leading to the galley and possibly an omelet station. However on the Breeze it has alcoves with booths and raised seating, so if you sit there you can not only people watch as you eat but you have almost an unobstructed view of the water. It is quite clever use of space. They were so popular that it was difficult to get one when we sailed!

Similarly, Deck 5 on all three ships has a very wide outside deck with hundreds of chairs and lounges. So, if you wanted quiet time, it was a good place to spend time. But with Breeze they made better use of that outside space by adding more outside venues for people to visit. Further dispersing the guests.

Also on deck 5 on the interior you feel like you are strolling down a boulevard and several venues have what appear to be "street Dining," as if you were on main street at a local bistro.

Even the coffee shop was different on Breeze: they had a few tables and chairs and a small "picket" fence so you could enjoy your coffee and watch the people walk by.

In other words the design as others have stated is much more muted. It actually feels like a small island rather than a ship. It is quite clever and I am looking forward to the Vista and the newer ships on order. They can only be more infused with adding more and more venues to these beautiful ships.

I am excited that the Carnival Breeze is coming to Pt. Canaveral as we can see the port from our condo!

Sounds heavenly!!! We will be on the Breeze for Spring Break in March. Really looking forward to checking out a new ship.