How come Carnival lets Travel Agent companies hold large numbers of cabins?

Galleon1234

How do you know that as a fact? How long do you think they get to hold them?

You said it pretty well. The block of cabin numbers are relatively small in size and can be recalled at any time by Carnival. As time goes on and depending how the bookings are going, Carnival can extend the hold or not, usually never inside final pay and usually only for 60 days (prior to any extensions).

Did you know the answer before you asked the question?

I didn't. Did research all day on CC, roll calls and consulting with customer service with Carnival:)! That is how I find out answers. CC is a great source to. Ask questions on. I also research Carnival by calling. All great ways to get information:)! Thanks for asking:)!

Until final payment is due. I also was told by Carnival that not all the held group cabins have money on them yet. Not very good Carnival...we are stock holders as well:)!

Aside from a 48 hour courtesy hold, a cabin is not considered booked or reserved until you make the appropriate down payment. Then you get a booking # and the cabin is no longer available to be reserved. Again, TAs hold blocks of rooms depending on what they ask for - 10 category 6A, 20 4Bs, 10 8Bs, etc. If the cabin isn't booked, there's nothing preventing you from booking it. Cabins always open up after final payment, because people forget to pay or change their mind.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Is it better or cheaper to book through a ta? If so who would be best to use?

Sent from my SCH-I545PP using Forums mobile app

You will get the same price booking with a TA or booking direct unless a TA has some cabins held in group space .

We aren't allowed to name TA's or agencies on CC.

Sorry!:(

Bill

I have cruised for years and have never had any problems dealing directly with the cruise lines:). I can get price drops on my own and I can talk directly to the cruise line. Just my opinion and everyone can have there own:)!

Simple then call the cruiseline and see what they have available. The PVP's computers will show the entire inventory of cabins available.

Mock bookings only bring up so many cabins.

You said it pretty well. The block of cabin numbers are relatively small in size and can be recalled at any time by Carnival. As time goes on and depending how the bookings are going, Carnival can extend the hold or not, usually never inside final pay and usually only for 60 days (prior to any extensions).

Just to add.... Like any other promotion or offer, space is capacity controlled and subject to availability.

For example, if a total of 15 travel agents or individual Affinity Groups are each holding 10 cabins at Group Rates on a particular ship/date (an aggregate total of 150 cabins) and Carnival's Revenue Management department has determined that 150 Group Cabins is the maximum on that ship/date, then a 16th TA or individual person calling to inquire about Group Space on the same ship/date will be told there is no Group Space available.

Just to add.... Like any other promotion or offer, space is capacity controlled and subject to availability.

For example, if a total of 15 travel agents or individual Affinity Groups are each holding 10 cabins at Group Rates on a particular ship/date (an aggregate total of 150 cabins) and Carnival's Revenue Management department has determined that 150 Group Cabins is the maximum on that ship/date, then a 16th TA or individual person calling to inquire about Group Space on the same ship/date will be told there is no Group Space available.

True, there is def a supply and control aspect to it. There are times when we can hold our group space longer based upon availability and how much we have down on the total group.

Sent from my iPhone