ms Koningsdam Port Everglades and ms Eurodam Key West Sail-Aways - January 22, 2017

Boytjie

I don't believe I have ever seen this discussed. in general do the ships dock at the same piers in Lauderdale? K-dam at Pier 19?

Generally, certain piers are assigned to certain ships, i.e. Allure and Oasis are always at #18, Regal and Royal P at #02 and the HAL ships at #19, 21 and/or 26. But it's not an absolute given, with the exception of the Oasis class and the two Ps. At times, HAL ships have been all the way in the back at #29

Not always although I have seen Koningsdam at 19 a number of times.

Koningsdam have been there before and we will be there in two weeks too.

HAL has used pier 19 before but with the Koningsdam it seems to happen more frequently.

Generally, certain piers are assigned to certain ships, i.e. Allure and Oasis are always at #18, Regal and Royal P at #02 and the HAL ships at #19, 21 and/or 26. But it's not an absolute given, with the exception of the Oasis class and the two Ps. At times, HAL ships have been all the way in the back at #29

I think either Regal or Royal has been at pier 21 when they both were in port.

Someone on the Princess boards, who is on the Regal, is reporting a power outage at the dock and boarding delayed. According to him their sailing time is 16:30 now.

"Another update from the bridge: apparently the power outage was due to a fire in one of the power plants in the port. It sounds like things have finally been resolved and there are about 300 passengers left to embark.

Muster drill has been pushed from 1515hrs to 1545hrs and our estimated departure time is 1630hrs or thereabout."

Karen