Retreat on Seabourn Encore

eliana

As is, I will not be using the Retreat on my upcoming cruise on the Encore. Even if it were to become a club benefit, I would still choose the "stuff all you can" laundry bag.

However, if it were to evolve into something else, like an upgraded (adults only) serene area, I would consider it. I would also like to see a healthy juice and snack bar put in service. I would be willing to pay for these items on an ala carte basis. Carrot juice, pomegranate juice, kale chips etc.

As I write this post, I am at the Hotel Hermitage in Monte Carlo. At their pool bar at the Thermes they have a menu of fresh squeezed fruit and vegetable juices ranging from 10 to 15 euros. The bar is very busy. The cabanas are not being used.

We had lunch at their beach club. Same thing, no one using the cabanas, but several people consuming at the juice bar.

I think that many passengers would enjoy this option on Seabourn. I know that I would. I may live in the land of foie gras, champagne and chocolate but you can take the girl out of California, but you can't take the California out of the girl.

As is, I will not be using the Retreat on my upcoming cruise on the Encore. Even if it were to become a club benefit, I would still choose the "stuff all you can" laundry bag.

However, if it were to evolve into something else, like an upgraded (adults only) serene area, I would consider it. I would also like to see a healthy juice and snack bar put in service. I would be willing to pay for these items on an ala carte basis. Carrot juice, pomegranate juice, kale chips etc.

As I write this post, I am at the Hotel Hermitage in Monte Carlo. At their pool bar at the Thermes they have a menu of fresh squeezed fruit and vegetable juices ranging from 10 to 15 euros. The bar is very busy. The cabanas are not being used.

We had lunch at their beach club. Same thing, no one using the cabanas, but several people consuming at the juice bar.

I think that many passengers would enjoy this option on Seabourn. I know that I would. I may live in the land of foie gras, champagne and chocolate but you can take the girl out of California, but you can't take the California out of the girl.

I too would like a fresh juice bar. Regent have one on all their ships and there is no extra charge. Seabourn used to have fresh orange juice at breakfast but sadly no longer although maybe on request, although generally I do not like the request concepts.

Given the world cruise nature of Seabourn often with several days at sea rather than a constantly repeated 7/14 day itinerary I wonder if there are supply issues when trying to stock fruit for a juice bar?

Henry :)

20 hours ago Seabourn posted a photo of "The Retreat" on Facebook.

Normally Seabourn's Facebook posts receive positive comments, I haven't read one positive comment yet, everyone is slamming The Retreat (and there are a lot of comments.)

The Encore is a waste of space and a big one at that. Open the deck to access by the other 99+% of passengers who are barred from the current area and give it over to a juice bar or (here's an idea) deck sports such as shuffle board and golf putting and driving.

Is there anything new about Encore's itineraries that would damage its provisioning capabilities and thereby make the idea of a juice bar a non-starter? That would be something. I would like to think that Seabourn knows how to stock fresh fruit and vegetables for a few days and between ports.

The Encore's Retreat has been a source of criticism, consternation, irritation, sarcasm and jokes for a long time already. Time to bring in the demo guys.

Happy and healthy sailing!

20 hours ago Seabourn posted a photo of "The Retreat" on Facebook.

Normally Seabourn's Facebook posts receive positive comments, I haven't read one positive comment yet, everyone is slamming The Retreat (and there are a lot of comments.)

After 60 hours Seabourn has replied to the dozens of negative comments about "The Retreat" on Facebook

(Which shows they might be reading the comments) :-

15965071_10154045380685064_8741951416331878688_n.jpg?oh=50c252867bfd7033a6eb27db35e61d89&oe=59845726

Seabourn Hi everyone, We appreciate the feedback received as we work to offer the finest ultra-luxury travel experience to you.

LikeShow more reactions

· Reply · 1

· 4 hrs

10277215_10152463699958064_710848171690726306_n.jpg?oh=99a3226fa86744f4740f9a069b31f934&oe=59BE14FC

Andy Shen 261d.png☝️It's not too late to cancel it for Ovation

LikeShow more reactions

· Reply · 3

· 4 hrs

11036449_10152861290573802_7057212695108808700_n.jpg?oh=c22c0ea7528af0e7f1c86472ea1eec09&oe=59759402

Agota Watt Will you take note of your guests comments???

LikeShow more reactions

· Reply · 3 hrs

This sounds promising - I do hope they can cancel it on Ovation, and IMO should be for activities, like golf putting etc. A juice bar could be anywhere. Also good news that the washing machines have arrived.

I wonder what the famous designer thinks about all this? I have read that he has done a retreat for one or more hotels - could be a good idea there, but for a cruise ship like Seabourn??

That's the problem - luxury ships are not the same as luxury hotels and often have subtly different clienteles with different requirements. It's a pity that Seabourn didn't clearly explain this to the designer before he wasted millions on "innovative" ideas nobody wants or likes.

Let's see what lessons they've learned for Ovation.

Given the world cruise nature of Seabourn often with several days at sea rather than a constantly repeated 7/14 day itinerary I wonder if there are supply issues when trying to stock fruit for a juice bar?

Henry :)

Regent does it

• 1 month later...

Just returned from our first ever cruise on Encore and mainly we loved the ship. Totally agree that the retreat is a big waste of space, such a shame that it was not used to make a shady area for relaxing open to every-one. It would have made the ship appear even more inviting and spacious. Why not a quiet area, with space for reading, walking, dreaming? We only ever saw one rowdy family up there and felt it was inviting such behaviour. Certainly would not pay to use it.