Retreat on Seabourn Encore

eliana

Henry,

That said, I recognize that you have a vested interest in Encore.

Apologies for the delay in responding, I've been away over the bank holiday weekend.

I'm intreagued as to my alleged vested interest. I am a paying customer just like you.

Henry :)

Not sure you can say that yet. I haven't yet seen a lot of stories about the usage level, earlier in this thread it was suggested it was a ghost town, then it appears it was very popular.

It did become busier on the Bali-Singapore segment. I'd explain that by saying the Indonesian itinerary was pretty dull and people preferred to pay for the Retreat rather than a long, hot bus ride to an obscure historic site. Or they were the type of people who are impressed by that kind of thing.

Rest assured that Seabourn head office is fully aware of these Encore Issues - yes, they do read CC - and the Retreat is on their list of Things To Fix. How they do that remains to be seen.

Henry,

Since you ask... Didn't you post back in Jan or Feb that you were the beneficiary of a complimentary cabin for a family member for one of the 2 Encore cruise segments that you took? If so, then you could be said to be vested in or partial to the product, right?

Henry,

Since you ask... Didn't you post back in Jan or Feb that you were the beneficiary of a complimentary cabin for a family member for one of the 2 Encore cruise segments that you took? If so, then you could be said to be vested in or partial to the product, right?

We booked and paid for 3 people to share a deck 5 balcony cabin. We ended up being given a cabin for Emily on her own when she flew out to Dubai to join us rather than have her share with us.

Getting a cabin upgrade hardly constitutes a vested interest.

Henry

What a terrific "upgrade"!

If I were given a cabin under those same circumstances and conditions as you state I would be extremely generous, in return, for the favor.

That would color my impression of the ship, for sure.

Happy and healthy sailing!

No strings at all.

From what has been posted on here the first 2 cruises were deliberately under booked leaving vacant cabins. I have no idea whether the upgrade was applied shoreside or shipside.

No contact was made. Ems checked in and was allocated the cabin. In fact Mrs Able Seaman thought it was a typo as there was 10 numbers difference to our cabin, 620 instead of 630. She did everything to give the thing back questioning check in staff as well as the concierge on board !

All this has no bearing on my comments here. I post my true beliefs & am no ones lap dog. To claim otherwise is actually quite offensive.

No strings at all.

From what has been posted on here the first 2 cruises were deliberately under booked leaving vacant cabins. I have no idea whether the upgrade was applied shoreside or shipside.

No contact was made. Ems checked in and was allocated the cabin. In fact Mrs Able Seaman thought it was a typo as there was 10 numbers difference to our cabin, 620 instead of 630. She did everything to give the thing back questioning check in staff as well as the concierge on board !

All this has no bearing on my comments here. I post my true beliefs & am no ones lap dog. To claim otherwise is actually quite offensive.

Able Seaman H, I have always found your posts informative, fair and often VERY entertaining. You should not have to explain/justify your upgrade.

No strings at all.

Ok,I paid for the extra suite for Emily to give you and Shazzer some quiet time.

Did you use all of the pills that I sent you [emoji235]

Sent from my iPad using Forums[/u

After the seconder to a motion the following supporters are generally called - third support, fourth support fifth support etc. it does not really matter as we all understand what is meant.

According to previous posts on this thread we know that Seattle monitors this board and we know that there will be modifications to the design for Ovation. So let's all put together some thoughts and give suggestions for what we would like to see done concerning the Retreat designated area on the Ovation.

I think he has hit the nail on the head with this review. Why would I pay $350 ($250 on a port day) to be gathered in a circle around a hot tub? The concept would have been much more attractive if the cabanas were facing out to sea - the feeling of isolation from the hoi polloi which is what it seems to be offering but at least with a decent view!

It would appear that the cost is per cabana rather than person so, his suggestion re the premium wines and spirits which are available within the cost would make it cost effective if you spent the whole day there and managed to drink yourself into oblivion on premium alcohol :D

Thanks for posting this very comprehensive review. I was surprised to find the floor in the Retreat is only imitation wood, otherwise interesting to see the photos and plan. My theory of why people might go there once is so that they can then parade about in the slides with the exclusive label, to try to impress the rest of us.

Oh well if it priced per Cabana I am sure that as with the infamous bag of laundry there will be those enterprising passengers who see how many people they can fit in a Cabana![emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Maybe they could try to squeeze in as many people as they used to in a Volkswagen Beetle.