Best option for transportation from POM to MIA

bitofun

Good morning! Finally have everything falling in place for an upcoming cruise late April into May. I am cruising with my sister who lives in Colorado, flying from and back to Denver. I live in Kansas and will fly from and back to Wichita.

On return we fly out of MIA on the day we get off the cruise. My sister will be flying on Frontier 1:35 pm and I will be flying on American Airlines 2:00 pm. Looking at the MIA map, it looks like American uses terminal D and Frontier uses terminal G.

Here's my question. Would it be best to use taxi, shuttle service, or Carnival's shuttle for the transfer from POM to MIA? Or maybe someone out there has other suggestions for transfer. I'm guessing we'll need to be dropped off at separate terminals to check in for our flights??? We do have FTF and have in the past kept our luggage and gotten off early doing the self assist debark, but this time our flights are not so early that we will feel a need to be in the first group off the ship. One time we walked off and right up to a shuttle service, waited just a bit for the van to fill up and were whisked off to the airport. Last cruise we had flights leaving before noon, so we opted for a taxi to get to the airport.

Just wanting to dot the final i and cross the last t on this cruise ;) Any input and/or suggestions are appreciated.

I normally avoid taxi's like the plague, but it might be easier in this case. The cost is rather trivial. You are correct, American is terminal D (and E). Your flights are late in the day and you have more than enough time to get there.

Terminal D is large with plenty of food options and what not. Several lounges including an AMEX lounge (if you have Platinum or Centurion card).

This is one thing you shouldn't be thinking much about. Hop off the ship and jump in a cab. No biggie.

Thanks for the replies. Looks like taxi will likely be our choice. I like the idea of not having to plan ahead. Looking forward to not having to be among the first to get off the ship this time. The last cruise I think our flight was AA at like 10:50 am. We were off the ship very early, walked up to a taxi and headed to MIA before 8 am.

Last cruise we flew out of MIA on the same AA flight then went separate ways at DFW. This cruise we'll go separate ways at MIA, so will be nice to not be so rushed getting off the ship and getting to the airport :)