Can you bring your own water on Norwegian Cruise?

MagicCat7

I purchased a few bottles of soda and water once we cleared the security checkpoint. There is a soda machine behind the check-in desk. The water and soda were $2.00 per bottle. No problem taking them on board in my purse.

What terminal was that and was it recently?

I only drink bottled water at home and would never consider drinking from the kitchen sink, it doesn't taste good to me and the temperature is never right even if I add ice from the freezer however when on board the ship I never drink bottled water. The water in the dining room is as good as any decent restaurant and served at a nice cold temperature and the water in the buffet is also similar to the free water that comes out of your local soda fountain with crushed ice available nearby. The bars will provide you with a glass of water if you desire. The thing to remember is to bring a glass of water back to your room for after a long day of utilizing your UBP.

• 2 years later...
On 1/22/2017 at 7:09 PM, luddite said:

Which begs the obvious question........

Why?

Of course I don't agree with it, I'm of the opinion they can make more money selling bottled water for 5x the cost, but here is their answer:

Why the change in policy?
The inspection of large volumes of beverages has an impact on the embarkation process and security resources. As one example, guests who attempt to smuggle alcoholic beverages onboard often try to do so in beverage containers. This means all beverages must be personally screened, taking both time and dedicated personnel.
This modified policy will now bring us in line with other travel industry procedures for transporting beverages and allow security personnel to focus on other screening efforts and not individually inspecting all beverages being brought onboard.

Edited by Travel N
misspell

17 hours ago, Travel N said:

Of course I don't agree with it, I'm of the opinion they can make more money selling bottled water for 5x the cost, but here is their answer:

Why the change in policy?
The inspection of large volumes of beverages has an impact on the embarkation process and security resources. As one example, guests who attempt to smuggle alcoholic beverages onboard often try to do so in beverage containers. This means all beverages must be personally screened, taking both time and dedicated personnel.
This modified policy will now bring us in line with other travel industry procedures for transporting beverages and allow security personnel to focus on other screening efforts and not individually inspecting all beverages being brought onboard.

Answering a question posted 3 years ago wakes up a thread with a lot of information that is out of date. And should be avoided.