Tahiti Airport closure

Hawaiidan

On sunday jan 22, Tahiti airport PPT ( the only jet port in Tahiti_ said tha due to severe weather forecasts that it was closing till Wednesday.... you might want to check your airline!!! if meeting a cruise on the 24-25 Jan or flying in early....

Series of storm are passing through...we are on Serena and have experienced wet weather and stormy sea.

I am to join the Sirena on 25/1.

My flight to PPT on 23/1 was cancelled because of the storm in Tahiti and I am stuck in Auckland waiting for flights. Air New Zealand has scheduled me to fly out tomorrow morning (25/1) and arrive in PPT 24/1 local time. If this happens, I should be able to make it.

In any case, my pre-cruise days in Moorea have been washed away, in exchange for 2 unplanned days in Auckland 😐

I am to join the Sirena on 25/1.

My flight to PPT on 23/1 was cancelled because of the storm in Tahiti and I am stuck in Auckland waiting for flights. Air New Zealand has scheduled me to fly out tomorrow morning (25/1) and arrive in PPT 24/1 local time. If this happens, I should be able to make it.

In any case, my pre-cruise days in Moorea have been washed away, in exchange for 2 unplanned days in Auckland 😐

Auckland not a bad place to be. Not quite Moorea, but safe and sound. Hope you make the ship. A great cruise.

Moorea has been inundated as well so you're really better off in Auckland. Hope you can get your $$ back though! It's fairly miserable on Tahiti and Moorea right now.

Sorry about your vacation. Hopefully things will be better for your cruise.

Have emailed a friend on Moorea but haven't heard back yet. Will post here when I do.

Spent 3 days in Moorea 2 years ago and it was wonderful. Hope all there are O.K. and they can re build. Want to go again.

Very glad that I am able to get into PPT today without further problems. The place looks normal and I do not see any signs of destruction. The day is fine and the sunset was breathtaking. Looking forward to my cruise on O.

Auckland was fine, but I have visted 4 times already, the last time only one year ago.

Thank you so much everyone for checking and reporting. Sky Shield - have a wonderful cruise - so happy that you made it.

It appears from the future forecast that it might get windy and rainy again on the weekend that we depart on the cruise so I can just keep an eye on it and try not to worry that I will not be able to take the ferry back to Papeete to catch the cruise. :eek: