EZ Check FLL Regal Princess

tfox1018

We also feel it is worth the money to get the bags taken care of. Just wish Princess offered it in more airports.

I do not think it is up to Princess which airports it can be offered. It is up to the airlines.

The EZCheck sign-up forms that I have seen ask you to indicate any reasons a bag fee should not be charged. Did Princess ignore what you put on the form?

We just used it on the CB last week and there was definitely a spot to enter information as to why the baggage fee should be waived. I actually had to look at the form a second time before I noticed it, but it was there.

Also, if you have TSA PreCheck your boarding pass will indicate this as well.

I used EZCheck in December off the Royal. Got my boarding passes the day before and didn't have to hassle printing or downloading to a phone. The problem I ran into was there being an extra charge for a bag that was already included in the cost of my airline ticket (JetBlue). It took a few weeks to straighten it out but in the end I was happy not having to schlep the bags ;)

What did you have to do to get it straightened out? I noticed the same thing.

The EZCheck sign-up forms that I have seen ask you to indicate any reasons a bag fee should not be charged. Did Princess ignore what you put on the form?

The form was filled out correctly. All items checked. When I got my boarding passes (with TSA precheck) and paperwork I saw the extra $25 baggage charge. I went to Passenger services who pretty much blew me off saying it was not their error and check with the airline. Got to FLL checked with JetBlue, nope not their problem. My ticket was purchased with 1 bag allowed. Followed up with Princess and after 3 weeks a gentleman called to say I would receive a refund in OBC since I had already had cruise fully paid for. So I was happy in the end.

My experience with EZ check leads me to a slightly contrarian view.

I have used it twice. In both cases it was because there was a several hour gap between leaving the ship and boarding our flight.

The first time was in Seattle last summer where the service was offered free from the city. It worked like a charm, and we found our bags upon arrival at our home airport.

The second time was in Fort Lauderdale in October. Our bags never made it to the airline!:( Fortunately, we eventually received them a week later after some trepidation. We'll never know for sure where they were misplaced, but I suspect they were either left in a corner of the baggage area at the port or left on the truck transporting bags to the airport.

My conclusion and recommendation is only use EZ Check when you have a significant gap between your ship debark time and your airport arrival. Yes, I know some can't easily handle their bags. However, for the price of EZ Check you can give tips to the porters at the pier and airport and at least know your bags get to the airline. (Sure, airlines misplace bags as well, but at least you will have assurance the bags got to them.)

Just off the Regal yesterday and in our case, yes Princess did ignore what was on the form. We have used EZ Check many times and never had a problem before. Filled out the form, indicated why the baggage fee is waived and even gave them a copy of our flight reservation circling the reason for no fee to be charged. A call to Princess is coming:D

Just off Regal and we use EZ check service. Love this service, but like a few others, this time Princess charged us for the bags that should not have been charged. It was marked on the paperwork and I also informed them (guest services) when I handed in the paperwork about the fees already taken care of. Have to wait till end of week to call Princess back, once they have received paperwork from cruise. EZ check is awesome!!!