Why???

Iamthesea

The will have the Challenger class coming out in fall of 2008 and a second ship in 2009. About 117,000 tons.

That's always the worst part. Waiting the 2-3 years after the announcement, before you can sail. Need's time for drydocks to open and the ship to get built

Yes, we thought the Millennium to be about the same size as the RCCL Serenade. We really prefer a larger ship. Will the Challenger be larger than the Millennium class? Where can I see some information about them?

We will be taking one more cruise on a Voyager class or similar this spring (I hope) and then we will have to wait a while before we can try the new Freedom. Two children in college at the same time. :( By the time we are back on our feet, perhaps the new Celebrity ships will be out.

I was not aware of the second ship in 2009, but that's good news. I found this article, which gives you some details of the new ship.

Yes, we thought the Millennium to be about the same size as the RCCL Serenade. We really prefer a larger ship. Will the Challenger be larger than the Millennium class? Where can I see some information about them? ..............

since the letter of intent was signed and nothing else has been announced. Actually, the Challenger name isn't even official, I think we may have named it on these boards after hearing rumors on the ships. I wonder if there is any affect on the expected sailing date since so much time has elapsed since the announcement and no building actually being done. I guess they are in some type of design phases.

Archived