Time for disembarkation to LAX

itchyfeet

I would guess if you had tried to get a morning flight last Friday, you may have missed it even if you'd self-disembark (if it was raining on the west side as it was in the northern SFV). One of the heaviest days of rain I've seen in a long time, and this Sunday was even more amazing.

I would definitely advise you not to stress yourself out and not book a flight earlier than noon.

When I got off on the 17th, the first disembarktion time was 8:00.

Seems the port of LA disembark and embarks later than the ports in Florida.

After I got off the ship, it went fast, maybe 20 minutes before I was out by the street.

How long should we plan for disembarkation & travel time to LAX on Friday AM?

I had a 11:30 am flight out of LAX on a Monday morning. I walked off in the first group, took a taxi to the airport, stood in lines to check my luggage, freaked out about getting through security and barely made my flight.

If Long Beach is an option, that's a lot less stress because it's closer and a small airport. There I also walked off and easily made a 11:30 am flight. That was a Saturday so not sure if day of the week made a difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have disembarked twice in Los Angeles. First time, everything went smoothly. Second time, 3 ships disembarking within a few hours of each other; slow immigration and customs. Second time our disembarkation time was 9 a.m. with 4 p.m. flight. We barely made our flight and many missed theirs. We stood in line over 2 hours to clear customs and were not outside with our luggage until 1:00 p.m. to take the ship's transfer to the airport. Have not disembarked in L.A. since and will only do again if the cruise we really want to take ends there. Many factors come into play besides just disembarking the ship.

Allow yourself plenty of time. Better to wait in the airport than to wave goodbye to your plane.

We recently were doing a B2B in LA, so our disembark time was around 10:30 with the B2B group. For some strange and unexplained reason, the CBP agents decided to set up the clearance desks downstairs (instead of the usual upstairs) the lines were set up AFTER everyone got their luggage. There was an enormous line of people with suitcases in tow waiting to slowly filter through and get passports checked. We stood at the back of the line for at least 45 minutes, and all we were doing was walking off and back on. I'm sure there were some missed flights in that crowd.

You can never predict the weather. We have been held at sea until 3:00 because of fog and did not get off the ship until 5:00. We were not able to board the the ship until 6 one time because of a storm. Last cruise we we last to leave the ship. We live near San Francisco and have stopped flying down because we did not get off the ship in time for our flight. If you are traveling light you can self embark. Ther are stairs you have to go up and down with suitcases, we did that once and never again.