Guarantee Price room..does that mean least desirable?

cowboygene

Sometimes. It all luck of the draw. I have had a GTY room on the Star under the serving line of the buffet......non-stop racket for 14 days. I've also has an interior GTY that turned out to be a balcony room on the 10th deck of the Jewel. I'd say 95% of the time I've been very pleased with my room assignment.

Now that I'm by myself I only book GTY's and I'm consigned to the fact I'm at their mercy. But I'm an adaptable guy. You buy your ticket, and you take your chances!

booked a guaranteed priced cabin...not assigned yet...does that mean it will be a least desirable room?

Thanks

It could, It just means you could end up with any cabin in the category, or possibly an upgrade if they don't have a cabin in your category available.

I just booked my first guarantee (OV) and we sail on Monday. I received a large porthole window, aft section of the ship on deck 8. My in laws received a regular porthole window, midship on deck 4. You never know what you will end up with, but both of us are happy with our locations.

You just have to have an open mind when booking a guarantee.

booked a guaranteed priced cabin...not assigned yet...does that mean it will be a least desirable room?

Thanks

It means you could luck out and get the best room in that category, or you could get the worst. The guarantee rooms allow NCL to place you where ever they have an open room-as long as it's in the category you booked or above. There are people that have booked a guarantee inside cabin but get assigned an OV or even balcony.

You get the low price because you are willing to take any cabin assigned to you, good or bad.

I've never booked one, but most of the people who post about them here seem to have had good luck with final room assignments.

Thanks

It mean you agree to accept the worst cabin in your category or better for the cheaper price you paid without free cabin change options.

Right. It could. You are agreeing to any room in that category or above. So if you do an oceanview guarantee, you could get an oceanview in a poor location because no one choosing their cabin chose it. Or at the last minute someone in a decent oceanview could upgrade to a balcony and you could end up in their room. Absolutely no way to tell. Don't pick the guarantee if you will be upset with a room right by where the anchor comes out at 6-7 am every day or a room by the night club where there could be music noise all night. But you will get a good price so if you are fine with the worst case scenario, go for it and hopefully you'll get a decent room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

More often than not you will get an obstructed view cabin. For OV that means you see lifeboats & a little bit around them. For a Balcony you have steel sides on the frame of your balcony.

I have no idea what it means for interior cabins or suites. We did a gty mini-suite once & got a great cabin

Edited by trish1c

We took a chance on Guaranteed Balcony (BX) on Breakaway, March 19, last week, and we were assigned 2 days later to a BA room right below the Garden Cafe. We're concerned about noise from the Cafe, and also from the H2O nightclub. From the feedback we've received on Cruise Critic, noise should not be an issue.

More often than not you will get an obstructed view cabin. For OV that means you see lifeboats & a little bit around them. For a Balcony you have steel sides on the frame of your balcony.

I have no idea what it means for interior cabins or suites. We did a gty mini-suite once & got a great cabin

Not sure how you can say that since the OP didn't mention what category of GTY or the ship.

It mean you agree to accept the worst cabin in your category or better for the cheaper price you paid without free cabin change options.

Or, you could be booking the cruise late enough such that when you go to book a certain room tier, it says some are available, but there are so few available that it puts you in the guarantee group (no room assigned) and you find out a week or so later. But in this case, you have paid regular price (and get the free-at-sea promotions associated with it, etc).