Leaving on a Jet Plane! (Oh No...a Storm!!)

NoName

Hi Kim, another option might be to dispute the charge on your credit card once you get home. It's not ideal but it might be an alternative if they aren't responding to you on board. I am really sorry that has happened. Enjoy the rest of your cruise. Your view is amazing!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Photo update: it just so happened that Patricia Diez-Ghersy, director of operations for msc is on-board. She claims she contacted msc personally and took care of my refund. She states they emailed me the confirmation. I haven't received it. She also states she has sent her business card to my cabin twice.....I never received it. I can't believe how much time and energy of my vacation has went into getting this refunded.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

Photo update: it just so happened that Patricia Diez-Ghersy, director of operations for msc is on-board. She claims she contacted msc personally and took care of my refund. She states they emailed me the confirmation. I haven't received it. She also states she has sent her business card to my cabin twice.....I never received it. I can't believe how much time and energy of my vacation has went into getting this refunded.

Unfortunately, you experienced one of the areas truly lacking in the MSC experience, and that is conflict resolution :(. It seems 'customer is always wrong' is the Italian philosophy (of course, I say that tongue and cheek). One does not need to peruse through many reviews before spotting an alarming trend of posters with a similar experience when it comes to solving a problem.

I think your experience with the photo package is a very relevant example for those thinking about booking with MSC. When all goes well, the experience is fine. However; if you hit a snag, be prepared for a drawn out and frustrating process to get the problem solved.

I hate to call the director of operations a fibber, but according to her, someone on her staff dropped the ball not once but three times! First, you have not received the email she stated to send. This sounds about right given MSC technology issues. Second, she claims that not once but TWICE a card was left in your room? Sounds like deflection to me, or incompetence in other staff. Either is something to be aware of.

In the grand scheme of things, it seems like you had a wonderful vacation. Snafus like this one due happen, and as a traveler we must move on. It's a crying shame you experienced the frustration over an issue that should have so easily been taken care of; but it's the TIME wasted that would have grated on my nerves.

In fairness to those considering MSC, when things go right MSC is a very a good product, and when factoring in cost per day, she is an tremendous value. Kim's experience can serve as a decent baseline for how frustrated you may feel given a similar predicament. It's certainly not the end of the world, but an irritation none the less. The million dollar question is: "Do the irritations offset the cost savings?" Personally, I'd sail MSC again (at the right price), but I do so understanding full well that these glitches happen with greater frequency on MSC and I'm willing to take that 'risk'.

Welcome back to dry land Kim! I look forward to the rest of your review :).

Hi Kim,

Sorry to hear that you have so much trouble with the photo package. When you said the package is for 1 cabin only, what about the group photo with you and your kids? I remember you mentioned in the other forum that you tried to be in every photo they took. So it is proved this strategy will not work for the package?

Thanks and happy cruising!

The sign clearly states the package is ONLY for one cabin. Based on this and what they told me, you will not get pictures with others from cabins other than yours.

Unfortunately, you experienced one of the areas truly lacking in the MSC experience, and that is conflict resolution :(. It seems 'customer is always wrong' is the Italian philosophy (of course, I say that tongue and cheek). One does not need to peruse through many reviews before spotting an alarming trend of posters with a similar experience when it comes to solving a problem.

I think your experience with the photo package is a very relevant example for those thinking about booking with MSC. When all goes well, the experience is fine. However; if you hit a snag, be prepared for a drawn out and frustrating process to get the problem solved.

I hate to call the director of operations a fibber, but according to her, someone on her staff dropped the ball not once but three times! First, you have not received the email she stated to send. This sounds about right given MSC technology issues. Second, she claims that not once but TWICE a card was left in your room? Sounds like deflection to me, or incompetence in other staff. Either is something to be aware of.

In the grand scheme of things, it seems like you had a wonderful vacation. Snafus like this one due happen, and as a traveler we must move on. It's a crying shame you experienced the frustration over an issue that should have so easily been taken care of; but it's the TIME wasted that would have grated on my nerves.

In fairness to those considering MSC, when things go right MSC is a very a good product, and when factoring in cost per day, she is an tremendous value. Kim's experience can serve as a decent baseline for how frustrated you may feel given a similar predicament. It's certainly not the end of the world, but an irritation none the less. The million dollar question is: "Do the irritations offset the cost savings?" Personally, I'd sail MSC again (at the right price), but I do so understanding full well that these glitches happen with greater frequency on MSC and I'm willing to take that 'risk'.

Welcome back to dry land Kim! I look forward to the rest of your review :).

I have great news! The Director of Operations did exactly what she said she would do....and even though I never received her business card, nor the email regarding the refund.....the part that really mattered came through! I received my refund back into my account today!

So, in the end.....other than the annoyance about wasting precious vacation time chasing this down...all is well that ended well!

Back to reality......I just returned from getting groceries and now how to get to the mountain of laundry! Even though we got home last night around 10pm, our luggage didn't make it until this afternoon. (Thanks Jet Blue for holding our connecting flight for us.....we appreciate it!)

Once laundry is underway, I will start my review of the trip.

Kim

Kim

Thanks for a great overview of your trip... looking forward to your review.

A question re: photo packages... we are in four cabins, if each cabin purchases a photo package, can we get photos with various mixes of people (i.e. one from cabin a, two from cabin b, three from cabin c, etc)?

Thanks for a great overview of your trip... looking forward to your review.

A question re: photo packages... we are in four cabins, if each cabin purchases a photo package, can we get photos with various mixes of people (i.e. one from cabin a, two from cabin b, three from cabin c, etc)?

Yes, you would be able to mix in anyway you wanted...as long as all 4 cabins have the package.

Kim

• 4 weeks later...