dawn princess conversion

Does anyone have access to or know of the proposed changes to Dawn princess soon to be rebadged for P&O as Pacific explorer. I am hoping for cabin upgrades, water pipe replacements and a total descale and repain as she is in very poor condition as she stands.

PS I am a ship builder by trade so please don't try to tell me she is in good shape.

Thanks in advance

Michael

From what P&O have posted on Facebook, Pacific Explorer is going to get a water park, slides and all the outsides areas are getting upgraded and insides are going to look a bit like what the inside of Pacific Aria/Eden look like and she will gets Salts Grill etc...

If the upgrade Pacific Eden/Aria got is anything to go by, the only thing the cabins might get is new carpet and maybe some pant.

They wont do any more to the cabins till her next dry dock in 2 - 3 years time.

The water pipes only get replace on cruise ships once they fail, I cant see them putting in new pipes.

Actually, on the Norwegian Sky, when she was the Pride of Aloha in Hawaii, renewed virtually every piece of potable water piping on the ship, while in service. We took one deck of pax cabins at a time out of inventory for a week, and renewed everything on that deck. Galley areas were done in shipyard. This was due to the increasingly frequent failures of the plastic water pipes installed at new build.

Actually, on the Norwegian Sky, when she was the Pride of Aloha in Hawaii, renewed virtually every piece of potable water piping on the ship, while in service. We took one deck of pax cabins at a time out of inventory for a week, and renewed everything on that deck. Galley areas were done in shipyard. This was due to the increasingly frequent failures of the plastic water pipes installed at new build.

Thanks for your reply and you too kiwi

My observations while on board I Sept 2015 were that she had heavy rust scale everywhere you could see. Water pipes were steel. I can identify with PVC pipes giving out as I had a major problem on a ship I was working on some years ago. It created quite a mess throughout the ship. The cause was too much costic cleaning substances. This was waste water pipe not supply

Thanks for your reply and you too kiwi

My observations while on board I Sept 2015 were that she had heavy rust scale everywhere you could see. Water pipes were steel. I can identify with PVC pipes giving out as I had a major problem on a ship I was working on some years ago. It created quite a mess throughout the ship. The cause was too much costic cleaning substances. This was waste water pipe not supply

Bit surprised that potable piping was steel, haven't seen that in many, many years. The pipe on the Sky was polypropylene, thermowelded pipe. Apparently, one of the subcontractors installing it during new build did not weld the fittings correctly, and 8 years later they were failing.

Bit surprised that potable piping was steel, haven't seen that in many, many years. The pipe on the Sky was polypropylene, thermowelded pipe. Apparently, one of the subcontractors installing it during new build did not weld the fittings correctly, and 8 years later they were failing.

Definitely steel on dawn as I was there when they were repairing it

The dawn will be p and noed, read between the lines.

In the age of cost cutting, read between the lines.

Read cosmetic.

Read between the lines.

Read ship that is almost ready for the ship-breakers.

Read between the lines.

Read cosmetic.

It will be the Pearls replacement so the standard isn't high.:(