New Latitude Tiers

TheDougOut

A lot of people agree. I expect that most cruisers at this level are husband and wife so both would likely have the same status. They net one fewer bottle of wine and the chocolates. However, they get their second meal in a slightly more costly restaurant and get the excursion discounts.

For me it works out because 1) I sail in my own cabin so now I and a friend get two dinners, not one; 2) I usually give the Godiva's away (though you'll have to pry the chocolate covered strawberries from my cold, dead hands;) and 3) I have the bar package so the wine is redundant (to put it politely) :-)

There are a couple benefits at Platinum Plus that people seem to be excited about, namely the dinner with the ship's officers. I'll reserve ultimate judgement until I read someone's feedback about the experience but that's probably not something I'd avail myself of.

So it's a matter of one's personal situation and, of course, opinion. And, to your point, it's a perk. I don't sail because I'm platinum, I'm platinum because I sail. If this is really horrible for some, chances are they have status (or are close to it) on another carrier and will vote with their feet.

Great post.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

A lot of people agree. I expect that most cruisers at this level are husband and wife so both would likely have the same status. They net one fewer bottle of wine and the chocolates. However, they get their second meal in a slightly more costly restaurant and get the excursion discounts.

For me it works out because 1) I sail in my own cabin so now I and a friend get two dinners, not one; 2) I usually give the Godiva's away (though you'll have to pry the chocolate covered strawberries from my cold, dead hands;) and 3) I have the bar package so the wine is redundant (to put it politely) :-)

There are a couple benefits at Platinum Plus that people seem to be excited about, namely the dinner with the ship's officers. I'll reserve ultimate judgement until I read someone's feedback about the experience but that's probably not something I'd avail myself of.

So it's a matter of one's personal situation and, of course, opinion. And, to your point, it's a perk. I don't sail because I'm platinum, I'm platinum because I sail. If this is really horrible for some, chances are they have status (or are close to it) on another carrier and will vote with their feet.

Under the new benefit plan, does a Platinum receive one or two coupon free speciality dining meals in the extra charge restaurants on a 7-day sailing (i.e., Le Bistro and La Cucina)? Not clear on this point.

MARAPRINCE

Under the new benefit plan, does a Platinum receive one or two coupon free speciality dining meals in the extra charge restaurants on a 7-day sailing (i.e., Le Bistro and La Cucina)? Not clear on this point. MARAPRINCE

DH and I are both Platinum. We were on the Epic last week. There was one set of vouchers in the cabin and it included 2 dinners for 2, one at LeBistro or Cagneys and the other at Moderno or LaCucina.

And the same vouchers would be there whether there is one platinum in a studio or 4 in a suite.

Thanks for the quick response.

Great news! Just added my 2nd Extra Charge Restaurants to my other MDR restaurants. Now we can try La Cucina as well returning to Le Bistro.

MARAPRINCE

Interesting.

In the old tier, the Plantium got a free bottle of Sparkling Wine in their cabin.

Not anymore[/quotes es, you do receive the wine in your cabin. The change with that is you cannot exchange it for a bottle of huge red or white. We had always done this in the past but the matre de in the dining room said that was no longer permitted.

So, we got lots of Ora he juice and had mimosas on the balcony.

I asked the Latitudes rep on our dawn sailing last week about the extra perk for 9 month advance booking and she said any cruise booked before 2/5 would be honored.

Great, that gives us 50 weeks before the deadline. :D

Interesting, we're at 78 points and Platinum....I wonder if we'll stay there or get dropped down to Gold...

From what I read on NCL. If you make Platinum by Feb 3, 2017 you stay Platinum. My beef is our cruise is Feb 19, 2017. we will have 77 points, but won't be Platinum. If they had announced this roll out some time earlier we could have changed to a January cruise, and be Platinum.

Real bummer !

Under the new benefit plan, does a Platinum receive one or two coupon free speciality dining meals in the extra charge restaurants on a 7-day sailing (i.e., Le Bistro and La Cucina)? Not clear on this point.

MARAPRINCE

From NCL FAQ: It is per cabin, not cardholder. Two Platinums in a cabin will get two dinners, not four.

When is this being implemented? I hit 78 points on my cruise next month!

It goes into effect Feb 3, 2017. I phoned NCL about it. I and my wife will have 77 points Feb 26. Thought we would be Platinum after this cruise booked Sep 22, 2016. We will not be Platinum. Got to have 80 points now.

sadly no advance notice to amount to anything. Jan 27 visit to Latitudes site showed being Platinum after this February cruise. Looks another poorly implemented roll-out by NCL

IMHO they should have left Platinum level where it was, 75. Now some of us are hacked off over a few points.

From NCL FAQ: It is per cabin, not cardholder. Two Platinums in a cabin will get two dinners, not four.

There will still be two coupons for 'dinner for two' in each platinum cabin. One 'dinner for two' for Cagneys or Le Bistro and another coupon for 'dinner for two' at Moderno or La Cucina. So a Platinum couple will still go out to dinner twice on NCL, just like before, for 4 free meals.

There will still be two coupons for 'dinner for two' in each platinum cabin. One 'dinner for two' for Cagneys or Le Bistro and another coupon for 'dinner for two' at Moderno or La Cucina. So a Platinum couple will still go out to dinner twice on NCL, just like before, for 4 free meals.

Agreed, that is how I read it.

All of this went into effect Feb 3.

Question... we booked our cruise on Feb 5 for next Feb 3. So 1 year out. Will we no longer receive the extra 7 points for booking outside of 9 months? I'm only a measly Bronze member.. would have been silver after our June cruise..then they changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Question... we booked our cruise on Feb 5 for next Feb 3. So 1 year out. Will we no longer receive the extra 7 points for booking outside of 9 months? I'm only a measly Bronze member.. would have been silver after our June cruise..then they changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's correct. You booked a few days too late to get the extra point.

2017 Platinum change. I just spoke with NCL Latitude supervisor. Said if enough call in fussing about the 75-80 point change, and having booked in 2016. The upper management might do a grandfather. Just like honoring the extra point for booking the 9+ months out in 2016. I also found one press release where the Platinum level would be 76. I guess NCL decided to change it.

800-234-0292

Might give Guest Relations a call too.

Speak now of forever hold your peace.

2017 Platinum change. I just spoke with NCL Latitude supervisor. Said if enough call in fussing about the 75-80 point change, and having booked in 2016. The upper management might do a grandfather. Just like honoring the extra point for booking the 9+ months out in 2016. I also found one press release where the Platinum level would be 76. I guess NCL decided to change it.

800-234-0292

If all you need are a few points, book a short cruise.

800-234-0292

Yeah it sucks. I would have been Gold after my next cruise in July but now I'll be I think 7 points short after the cruise...uuuggghhh

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

If all you need are a few points, book a short cruise.

No short cruises out of N.O. Last cruise this year is in April. No they should honor the program we booked under. 77 points as of Jan 27 was Platinum. Now it is not.

10 cruises in 3 years with no bonus points. Feb 19 is our 11th cruise of one week duration. Some have been back to back.

Yeah it sucks. I would have been Gold after my next cruise in July but now I'll be I think 7 points short after the cruise...uuuggghhh

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

yeah, I have 46 points which was 2 short of Gold under the old program.

now I'm going to be 9 short. :(

and wont be gold even after taking my next 7 day cruise.

the only benefit I want for Gold was the 50% off laundry, since after the 7day was going to be a 12day cruise where I will need to do laundry.

How much is laundry anyway?

also,

1) oh, also noticed that there's no longer a Welcome Gift (box of Godiva chocolates) for Gold. :(

2) Internet minutes benefit: Internet packages are still by the Min? Thought it was by the Megabyte now?

Edited by fstuff1

One platinum only in cabin -- 2 coupons that can be used for La C and Le B dinner for 2 for a total of 2 extra pay restaurants instead of the one dinner for 2 prior to the change in benefits???

MARAPRINCE