AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

27 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I WON! 😃

I didn't win the $1,000 Carnival sweepstakes like I'd hoped, but I won a $500 Carnival card from their cruise contest on their forums. Exciting stuff, I never win anything. If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all. I got the email yesterday and thought it was fake at first, but it had all the right credentials. I replied to confirm that it was me and they sent me the e-gift card less than an hour later. This will go a long way towards my next cruise. Thanks again, AARP!

Congrats.  

• Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I ordered cards from the defunct AllState. Let’s see how it goes. 

You are a brave soul for cards that are now yielding 6.25% for the 100's and 7% for the 500's that are mailed. Too much risk for me with mail and the low discount after shipping fees.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I ordered cards from the defunct AllState. Let’s see how it goes. 

Have you joined AARP, Megan?

11 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

You are a brave soul for cards that are now yielding 6.25% for the 100's and 7% for the 500's that are mailed. Too much risk for me with mail and the low discount after shipping fees.

It's odd. I know the best thing to do is start dumping points into sweepstakes, but after 6 1/2 years of accruing points, I'm having some kind of mental block. Every time I log on, a little voice says, "Stop. Don't spend points recklessly."  😝

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Where are u spending them?  I've got 800K to burn through.

On the sweepstakes. You can unload 10k at a time on some of them with 200 entries. I was at 700k points but I figure I might as well use them for what it's worth.

For some reason it wants me to log in again to use up my measly 100k points, but when I go to log in, it won't let me. It wants me to do it from the app. I much prefer to do it on the computer. This is hogwash. Hogwash I tell you! (FYI, I am nowhere near old enough to be saying THAT)

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

I WON! 😃

I didn't win the $1,000 Carnival sweepstakes like I'd hoped, but I won a $500 Carnival card from their cruise contest on their forums. Exciting stuff, I never win anything. If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all. I got the email yesterday and thought it was fake at first, but it had all the right credentials. I replied to confirm that it was me and they sent me the e-gift card less than an hour later. This will go a long way towards my next cruise. Thanks again, AARP!

That's awesome!  Congratulations!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

I’ll be the experiment, I guess. 😆 Last time, I promise. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

@Organized Chaos I haven’t yet. 🫣😬 I know. I know. I will. 

You won't regret it. If you have Capital One quicksilver they currently have a 23 dollar off offer for AARP. BofA also recently had and 8 dollar offer also with their cash rewards visa. There are a lot of discounts besides Carnival through AARP like Home Depot, Lowes, restaurants etc. I have paid for membership many times over.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, ab19902 said:

For some reason it wants me to log in again to use up my measly 100k points, but when I go to log in, it won't let me. It wants me to do it from the app. I much prefer to do it on the computer. This is hogwash. Hogwash I tell you! (FYI, I am nowhere near old enough to be saying THAT)

There are days when the website is very very fickle. Delete your browser's cookies for Allstate, restart the browser, and try again. And make sure you're using this URL: https://myaccountrwd.allstate.com/anon/account/login?campaign=145

4 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

There are days when the website is very very fickle. Delete your browser's cookies for Allstate, restart the browser, and try again. And make sure you're using this URL: https://myaccountrwd.allstate.com/anon/account/login?campaign=145

Or an easy quick fix is go to incognito mode also. That works for me in a pinch.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

On the sweepstakes. You can unload 10k at a time on some of them with 200 entries. I was at 700k points but I figure I might as well use them for what it's worth.

I could enter the 10k point max for one sweeps every day of Sept. and only use 300k points. That'll leave me nearly 600k. I gotta get a move on. But we still have Oct., too, so I'll get 'er done. Unless they throw us a curve ball and stop the sweeps at the end of next month. 😬

14 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

For some reason it worked today. Not even gonna question it.

15 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I could enter the 10k point max for one sweeps every day of Sept. and only use 300k points. That'll leave me nearly 600k. I gotta get a move on. But we still have Oct., too, so I'll get 'er done. Unless they throw us a curve ball and stop the sweeps at the end of next month. 😬

There are still some good ones in the upcoming section. I had to slow down my point binge because I am now down to about 150k. I want to spread the small chance I have around a bit. It seems like the games have been a bit more generous lately in awarding points on the wheel and scratch off, at least for me. Now using points I probably got from Cabo Bob's sleuthing!

Edited by n6uqqq

5 hours ago, ab19902 said:

For some reason it worked today. Not even gonna question it.

It's best not to. We have to be nice to it so it cooperates, but only for a couple more months. 😉

5 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

It seems like the games have been a bit more generous lately in awarding points on the wheel and scratch off, at least for me.

I did get 1,500 from the wheel today.

What is the typical turn around time for the AARP e-gift cards?  I placed my first order a few hours ago for a Carnival GC and haven't received so much as a confirmation of the order.  The order shows in my transaction history on AARP Rewards and my credit card was charged quickly....  I usually had the Allstate E-GC within a few minutes of ordering and always received an order confirmation.  Just hoping the website didn't glitch, because it sat on the processing screen for longer than I liked.

9 minutes ago, amilicia said:

What is the typical turn around time for the AARP e-gift cards?  I placed my first order a few hours ago for a Carnival GC and haven't received so much as a confirmation of the order.  The order shows in my transaction history on AARP Rewards and my credit card was charged quickly....  I usually had the Allstate E-GC within a few minutes of ordering and always received an order confirmation.  Just hoping the website didn't glitch, because it sat on the processing screen for longer than I liked.

Mine have usually been there before I can leave AARP and get to my email. I have ordered them while onboard a ship so that I could apply to my account and they have been in my email by the time I get to guest service.

Edited by canes20
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, amilicia said:

Did you check your spam folder? Sometimes they end up there. You can call customer service: 800-764-7419

• Like 1

Thank you for the responses.  I checked my spam folder and nothing there..  I chatted with them online and got the canned response that it takes up to 24 hours to receive the GC.  They do see the order in their system, so that's promising, I guess...  Maybe this one is taking longer because I just joined AARP this morning and signed up for the REWARDS a couple minutes before I placed the order.  I'll give them the 24 hours before I make contact again.

• Like 1