AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

Great tip - thanks! I am not a customer and I was able to sign up through the Drivewise app and then log in to the Allstate Rewards site from my laptop. Somehow it allowed me to buy 2 $100GCs and then another 5 in the same day. Sooo much easier than stalking the Verizon website.

If you are not a customer and thus do not have the big brother drivewise apparatus installed in your vehicle, how do you accumulate points?

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

• Like 1

If you are not a customer and thus do not have the big brother drivewise apparatus installed in your vehicle, how do you accumulate points?

I got 5K points just for joining and another 2K for entering in a promo code. That's was enough for 7 $100 cards.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

You get a bunch of points for signing up. I also watche 5 short videos and got, I think, 100 points for each video. I had 20,000 points before I got off the couch.

THANK YOU!

Just paid for my CHEERS! package using gift cards from Allstate. We're Verizon customers, but I'm having trouble accessing the smart rewards site so haven't been able to get on to even look for gift cards. This was so easy. Got a 5,000 bonus just for signing up and in about 10 minutes had purchased the cards and used them to buy my CHEERS! package. Now I just need April 16th to hurry up and get here!! :p

I am a recently former Allstate Agent and I was unaware that anyone can sign up even if not insured with AS but that is a HUGE plus for me!!! I love it! That is a fairly new program rolled out the last year or two. Works off your GPS. BUT....now you will probably be solicited to purchase....and often!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Forums mobile app

I am a recently former Allstate Agent and I was unaware that anyone can sign up even if not insured with AS but that is a HUGE plus for me!!! I love it! That is a fairly new program rolled out the last year or two. Works off your GPS. BUT....now you will probably be solicited to purchase....and often!!!

Since you were an Allstate Agent, can you tell us if this can make a difference in the rate you receive from Allstate?? That is if you use it while you're driving??

I've had Allstate for years and consider myself a good driver....good, not perfect!?! I would hate to save a few $$ on gift cards, just to have my rates go up. Just Curious. :confused:

All the program is is a reward program for safe driving. If you earn points it gives you money back for these cards etc or you can apply it to your bill. You can even delete trips on the app if they weren't so "great". It doesnt help your overall rate. But it does give customers a guaranteed 3 percent and I think goes to 6 for good habits. But every little bit counts. Too big brother for me sometimes.

The $100 eGift Cards and $50 eGift Cards are available right now...

I just picked up 10 of the $100 cards the last 2 days! (y)

Did you have a problem getting 10, without the site telling you that you've reacher your limit of 5? I bought (5) $100 last evening, but it wouldn't let me buy 5 more. So I waited until this morning and tried again and it still says "You already reached the maximum purchase limit for this item.You can purchase only 5item".

Maybe I have to wait 24 hours since my last purchase? I still need $500 more to pay for my Cheers!

Did you have a problem getting 10, without the site telling you that you've reacher your limit of 5? I bought (5) $100 last evening, but it wouldn't let me buy 5 more. So I waited until this morning and tried again and it still says "You already reached the maximum purchase limit for this item.You can purchase only 5item".

Maybe I have to wait 24 hours since my last purchase? I still need $500 more to pay for my Cheers!

Yes, I got that message but I kept trying from time to time and, magically, it finally let me buy another batch of 5. It took longer than 24 hours, though. maybe 2-3 days.

FYI I just tried again and it let me through. Not sure what their exact rules are, but my experience was:

Bought 5 cards on 3/13. Got the "maximum purchase limit" until 3/15 when I was able to buy another 5 cards. Got the "maximum purchase limit" again until 3/16 when I was able to buy another 5 cards. Now I'm done!

FYI I just tried again and it let me through. Not sure what their exact rules are, but my experience was:

Bought 5 cards on 3/13. Got the "maximum purchase limit" until 3/15 when I was able to buy another 5 cards. Got the "maximum purchase limit" again until 3/16 when I was able to buy another 5 cards. Now I'm done!

Thanks for the input. I will try again in a couple days.

For those who purchased the gift cards, are you having them emailed or mailed? If mailed, how long did it take to reach you? Thank you.
Got 5 x 100 via email. This way there is no shipping charge. Paid 1.77 for 3 to be mailed through AARP (both UPS and USPS) and 2.95 for 5 to be mailed through Verizon (UPS).

For those who purchased the gift cards, are you having them emailed or mailed? If mailed, how long did it take to reach you? Thank you.

Purchase electronically. They will eventually send an email (2 days or so). But you don't really have to wait for the email. If you go into "your account" and click on "orders" you can immediately download the cards.

last week up purchased 5 - $100 ecards and receive them within 2 minutes. A couple days later I purchased the same amount of cards but had them shipped and it took exactly 7 day from the day I purchased them via ups and had to be signed for. Since then I have purchased a couple more times and always had them emailed each time I had then within 2 minutes