AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

Since you have that many, I am assuming that the app is tracking you....remember that it is always working in the background and it's draining your data.

I have unlimited data so really no big deal, but it drains my battery faster though. I got most of the points just by signing up and watching a few videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Since you have that many, I am assuming that the app is tracking you....remember that it is always working in the background and it's draining your data.

Not really, you can get s lot of points pretty quickly at the start. After the first 20,000 the pace does slow down if you aren't on the Drivewise app

Not really, you can get s lot of points pretty quickly at the start. After the first 20,000 the pace does slow down if you aren't on the Drivewise app
In order to get 20,000 you had to get 10,000 for app, 5,000 for initial sign up, maybe 2,000 for promo codes. The extra 3,000 maybe for watching videos or letting it track you, but if you don't cancel the app and you don't have an unlimited data plan, then the app is working in the background and tracking your driving habits and sucking up your data. If you had accumulated 20,000 without the app, then you watched a hell of a lot of videos.

If you're not earning points by having it track you, what's the point of keeping the app? I signed up, earned my 10 K and got rid of it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

It doesn't hurt anything to have it. Unless you're hurting for space on your phone. After you spend your 10k, you're done? Or you download it again?

By signing up and letting me track a couple of days I earned 10000 extra points on top of the first 5000+3000+1000+1000 for a total of 20000. I used 15000 and plan on accumulating more every chance I get with the free code offers. I am planning on many more cruises :)

It doesn't hurt anything to have it. Unless you're hurting for space on your phone. After you spend your 10k, you're done? Or you download it again?
Not hurting for space on my phone, but if you turn the tracking off, then what is the benefit of keeping the app and if you continue to let it track you, it drains your data. Did not like the "Big Brother" aspect of the tracking at all. I don't have the luxury of an endless data plan, so I got my 10 k, plus the other 8k from initial sign up and promo code. Sitting on about 8k right now since I bought some cards and continue to accumulate more points via promo codes.

Not hurting for space on my phone, but if you turn the tracking off, then what is the benefit of keeping the app and if you continue to let it track you, it drains your data. Did not like the "Big Brother" aspect of the tracking at all. I don't have the luxury of an endless data plan, so I got my 10 k, plus the other 8k from initial sign up and promo code. Sitting on about 8k right now since I bought some cards and continue to accumulate more points via promo codes.

Because I can use it if I want to. I have tracking turned off but I have 19,000 points and I spent another 5,000. So once you spend your 10k I guess you're done.

I think I'm also going to uninstall the app. I bought 2 $500 cards (for $450 ea.) and still have 1150 for future cards (want 2 more). Waiting to buy more till I have extra funds to pay for them. Love getting the 10% discount and love getting from Allstate Rewards. I sure had trouble getting them from AARP rewards. Plus my Allstate ones came UPS with no shipping charge!

I think I'm also going to uninstall the app. I bought 2 $500 cards (for $450 ea.) and still have 1150 for future cards (want 2 more). Waiting to buy more till I have extra funds to pay for them. Love getting the 10% discount and love getting from Allstate Rewards. I sure had trouble getting them from AARP rewards. Plus my Allstate ones came UPS with no shipping charge!

Agree this is A LOT easier than AARP. I had to pick those cards up at the UPS store. These came to my email.

Agree this is A LOT easier than AARP. I had to pick those cards up at the UPS store. These came to my email.

I wouldn't say "a lot" easier. For me, I wouldn't even necessarily say easier at all. You only have to sign for the AARP cards if you buy (I believe) $500 worth or more. That's when they deliver them UPS and require a signature. And not everyone has to go to a UPS store. Otherwise they come USPS with no signature required. It's to my understanding that AllState offers both e-cards and physical cards. Some prefer the physical cards. I've put very little effort into my AARP account and am currently at just under 17,000 points after one month. Plus the 2,000 I've already used. I am considering also signing up for the AllState rewards to supplement because we might use a big chunk of our AARP points for a rental car this summer.

Because I can use it if I want to. I have tracking turned off but I have 19,000 points and I spent another 5,000. So once you spend your 10k I guess you're done.

No, not done at all. Like I stated in my last post, I bought some cards, still have 8000 points and I am accumulating more points via promo codes at this point.

Also got many cards through AARP and Verizon, between the three about 7000.00 worth.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I've been using AARP Rewards for a little over a month now and still have about 17K points, but we might be using a big portion of those to save on a rental car next month. So I decided to sign up for AllState Rewards to supplement. I signed up using the app since I read that non-AllState customers have problems signing up online. It wouldn't accept my address until I spelled out "street" (instead of abbreviating). Then it wouldn't accept my landline phone number. I don't like entering my cell number for things like this, but it was the only one it'd accept. After all that, it registered using the app...or so I thought. I kept trying to log in online, but it would ask for the month & year of my birth. When I entered them, it'd tell me it can't complete registration. Only after using the link in post #14 of this thread would it finally let me log in.

I got the usual 5,000 points for registering and used a few of the codes posted here to get me up to 9,000 currently. I went back through this thread and tried all of the promo codes that have been posted. Here are the four that worked for me. Thanks to those who have posted them.

WELCOME2REWARDS

MUSTHAVETECH17

WELCOME2SAVINGS

SUMMERTRAVEL17

I doubt I use the Drivewise app because I'm not fond of tracking apps and have to watch my data, but I'll watch some videos and whatnot to help supplement my AARP account.

If I get the $500 card and apply it for Cheers which is about $460 for a 4 day..What happens to the other $40? Can I get that back at the end of the cruise?

It stays on the gift card. I'd recommend putting it into cruise cash for your S&S card. That's what we did.

If I get the $500 card and apply it for Cheers which is about $460 for a 4 day..What happens to the other $40? Can I get that back at the end of the cruise?

It stays on the gift card. I'd recommend putting it into cruise cash for your S&S card. That's what we did.
If you have not already prepaid your gratuities, you can use it towards them and of course towards final payment if you have not reached that already. If both of those have been paid, you still have specialty restaurants, shore excursions or any other type of sail n sign card expense to use that 40.00 towards. Or you can always use the 40.00 towards tipping the bartenders with a signature on the slip. Edited by SNJCruisers

I'm sure there are more, but I looked through my account that started in March. This is every promo we used. Combined with the safe driving bonuses, we still ended with ~5000 points after buying the cards.

Promo codes:

musthavetech17

combosavings

summertravel17

saveoutdoors

April17deals

Rewards4mom

Welcomecoupons

Welcomebids

Aprilfools17

getdailydeals

bidtoday

savetoday

allstatewelcome

sweepsforyou

partywithus2

party2ends

welcome2savings

welcome2rewards

2partywithus

jointheparty

Edited by LandsharkFrenzy
  • Like 2

I'm sure there are more, but I looked through my account that started in March. This is every promo we used. Combined with the safe driving bonuses, we still ended with ~5000 points after buying the cards.

Promo codes:

musthavetech17

combosavings

summertravel17

saveoutdoors

April17deals

Rewards4mom

Welcomecoupons

Welcomebids

Aprilfools17

getdailydeals

bidtoday

savetoday

allstatewelcome

sweepsforyou

partywithus2

party2ends

welcome2savings

welcome2rewards

2partywithus

jointheparty

I clicked on so many of them but I got another 3000 points. Some of them expired or I had already used them. I put in so many, I forgot which ones worked [emoji23]. Thank you for listing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums