Will Vibe become a Platinum and above exclusive area?

Até

Not for suite guests it isn't. It doesn't exist.

Strange things have happened (it's NCL, no surprise).

I've gone through everything online, printed Edocs, everything 100%, etc. (never selected a time).

Then, about 2 weeks before sailing, my 100% dropped to 80% (needed to select a time) so I picked whatever dropped down on the menu.

Called to confirm that since Haven guests can arrive whenever, I can ignore the time that I was forced to pick. NCL rep confirmed.

Got there when I got there (Miami traffic) and walked right in/onboard. The time wasn't an issue.

I am platinum, I really have no desire to book vibe and am not concerned about priority boarding as long as I am on the ship before it sails.

I understand people being upset about the new boarding process if they want the highly sought after Vibe passes. In real life perks are earned and even if I were not platinum I would not be upset about those that have earned these perks. In the company I work for we have people (staff) that have company vehicles, gas credit cards, auto insurance etc....They have earned these perks, so I for one will cruise and enjoy the fact that I am able to do so just like I appreciate the fact that I have a job, whether I have perks or not.

I am platinum, I really have no desire to book vibe and am not concerned about priority boarding as long as I am on the ship before it sails.

I understand people being upset about the new boarding process if they want the highly sought after Vibe passes. In real life perks are earned and even if I were not platinum I would not be upset about those that have earned these perks. In the company I work for we have people (staff) that have company vehicles, gas credit cards, auto insurance etc....They have earned these perks, so I for one will cruise and enjoy the fact that I am able to do so just like I appreciate the fact that I have a job, whether I have perks or not.

But the thing is, NCL never designated these passes as "perks" reserved for any special group, they simply advertised an exclusive area that a limited number could purchase a pass to on a first come basis. The playing field was fairly level except for the suite guests who boarded first and who might or might not want one. Otherwise, those with who went to the trouble of lining up early in the am could be fairly sure they could buy one. Now that may not be true.

We got Vibe passes before - it was nice and I would get them again if it didn't require me to get at the port at an ungodly hour to sit in a hard plastic chair. We are Gold and probably will be there for a few more cruises so the Vibe passes will likely be out of reach.

I agree that the availability of Vibe passes should be a perk for those who have established and maintained a relationship with NCL. Quite frankly, I am sick and tired of people complaining about fairness and equality and treating privilege earned like a bad thing.

But the thing is, NCL never designated these passes as "perks" reserved for any special group, they simply advertised an exclusive area that a limited number could purchase a pass to on a first come basis. The playing field was fairly level except for the suite guests who boarded first and who might or might not want one. Otherwise, those with who went to the trouble of lining up early in the am could be fairly sure they could buy one. Now that may not be true.

I completely understand your frustration....but now those with the "perks" of early boarding will once again have an advantage. I guess what I was and am trying to say is that I basically live in a life that there are people all around me receiving "extras" and I just accept it as life. I just try to make the best of what I have and appreciate it. I don't let it upset or bother me. I have a job and get to cruise once a year.

We got Vibe passes before - it was nice and I would get them again if it didn't require me to get at the port at an ungodly hour to sit in a hard plastic chair.

Ditto....

My wife and I have bought Vibe passes twice. Once on the BA and once on the Escape. We loved the vibe, however its a bit stressful trying to be one of the early arrives and then making sure you get an early boarding pass. We are Platinum, it would be nice if we could get them online. Escape sells 60? passes, the BA was under that

Never designated a perk or not......they are for a lot of people. If you can purchase Thermal Spa Passes online you should be able to purchases Vibe passes

Edited by Laszlo

I completely understand your frustration....but now those with the "perks" of early boarding will once again have an advantage. I guess what I was and am trying to say is that I basically live in a life that there are people all around me receiving "extras" and I just accept it as life. I just try to make the best of what I have and appreciate it. I don't let it upset or bother me. I have a job and get to cruise once a year.

I just want to say I love your attitude and feel the same. I have a handicapped son that would be very difficult to cruise with. My MIL allows us to take a "break" once a year. 7 days, no longer, so our cruises are limited to places we can fly to, cruise, and fly back from in 7 days. I don't complain, I get a well needed break, and spend it on a cruise. I feel like I am blessed.

I just want to say I love your attitude and feel the same. I have a handicapped son that would be very difficult to cruise with. My MIL allows us to take a "break" once a year. 7 days, no longer, so our cruises are limited to places we can fly to, cruise, and fly back from in 7 days. I don't complain, I get a well needed break, and spend it on a cruise. I feel like I am blessed.

Thank you. Life is what you make of it and a good attitude is what helps. You are blessed with an great MIL and Awesome because you are the mother of an Awesome child. My daughter is the mother of twins, one of the girls has spina bifida. I feel that Awesome people are chosen to be parents of these Awesome children.

Whether intentional or not the new Latitudes priority embarkation benefit seems to increase the probability of this happening. Anyone have data on how many platinum and above are on the average Epic, BA, GA and Escape cruise? It seems to me there will be enough wanting a pass to put a significant dent in availability for lower tiers. Would this be a good time to start making Vibe passes available online, as a first come basis? Or should this be an intentional benefit for the higher tiers?

Disney allows bookings for excursions, dinners, shows, based upon their loyalty status. The higher tiers book first ... I think that's the way it should be.