Best corner aft suite on Reflection? Which deck?

Cruizen Susan

Hi all!

Shopping for a corner aft sky suite for my children on the Reflection, Mediterranean cruise in August 2018. Lots and lots of choices at this early date. Which deck would you recommend for this location? All are available!

Also, my son-in-law wondered how soon these premium corner afts get snatched up. How soon should he book. Other than Disney, this is their first Celebrity cruise.

Thanks!

Susan

To answer the question about how soon... since deposit is fully refundable up to 80-90 days out, and you can always amend booking if the price falls before final payment, I would say sooner is better if you want to be certain you get the cabin you want. (Only reason to hold off is if you'd rather not tie up the money needed of the deposit just yet.)

Thanks to all!!

Susan

Just don't book the S1 corner aft cabins on deck 11' date=' as these have the spiders or window washing equipment on the Reflection. It is different on other ships. Also, you may not want the lowest deck; I have found that the higher decks have better service. Furthermore, if your kids are very, very light sleepers, some noise up above may bother them, but usually the S2's in the middle report more of that on deck 12. Yes, there is an overhang, but I believe the Reflection and one other ship have less of an overhang than say the Equinox or Eclipse. This overhang does protect you from the soot that lower cabins are subject to depending on direction, wind etc. So, either deck 10 if you want lots of sun and deck 12 for more shade than sun and just maybe some noise from the chairs and tables above...we are all different in what constitutes noise and what doesn't...

The European corner aft suites usually don't sell out as quickly as they do on TA's. However, I would book early if you want a certain deck or side(starboard/port...also, you can always change cabins in the same category if other ones are open...

I love the corner aft suites, even better than the Celebrity Suites! Just my opinion, as they have the wake and when the moon shines it is heavenly....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance

We were in 1214, aft Sky, last January and loved it. No obstructions for either the round window or from your deck. Also, the wraparound deck gives you both an aft view and a side view as you are sailing.

Everyone worries about the pole next to the bed, bumping into it, and everyone always comments after the cruise that it wasn't a problem. Same here.

You are far enough below Oceanview that you never really hear or see them unless you turn around. The only negative for some is that when you are laying out on the deck others can look down upon you. Meh, same as at the pool.

Also, those corner aft's have a secondary entryway that makes noise from the hallway pretty much non-existent. Essentially a door from the hallway opens to a carpeted area between your suite door and a the adjacent room door(assume this is a setup if people want to book both rooms.) If you search there are some photos that show it better than I can describe it.

Hi all!

Shopping for a corner aft sky suite for my children on the Reflection' date=' Mediterranean cruise in August 2018. Lots and lots of choices at this early date. Which deck would you recommend for this location? All are available!

Also, my son-in-law wondered how soon these premium corner afts get snatched up. How soon should he book. Other than Disney, this is their first Celebrity cruise.

Thanks!

Susan[/quote']

Did you check the sticky at the top of the Celebrity Main page for the S class cabins. Lots of info there.