Prepaid unlimited internet question

CruisinNana

Yes, there is a little slip of paper with your internet access code on it in your boarding packet. It is easy to miss in the excitement of departure day said the man who did just that. After I messed up and did not realize I had to enter the code I had to go down to the iLounge and they fixed it, so look for the little slip of paper with the access code on it.

Have they changed procedures? When I boarded with the pre-paid unlimited internet this past October, I just logged on the system using my Folio number -- pretty much the same procedure to access the 240 Elite+ internet minutes I received in the past.

Edited by Wine-O

Have they changed procedures? When I boarded with the pre-paid unlimited internet this past October, I just logged on the system using my Folio number -- pretty much the same procedure to access the 240 Elite+ internet minutes I received in the past.

This. It is very easy and you begin with your folio number which is printed on your sea pass card. Then you decide on the password and user name. SIMPLE Directions will be in your room.

Edited by eandj

I've had it happen 2 different ways, once there was a slip of paper with the code on it in my sea pass envelop, which I had to add into the code section when signing up for internet, and once I just signed up (created by log in and password) and it already knew I had bought the unlimited internet plan. Either way it is easy.

This. It is very easy and you begin with your folio number which is printed on your sea pass card. Then you decide on the password and user name. SIMPLE Directions will be in your room.

Yes, this is how it's always been for me. Never got a secret code with my seapass envelope when I checked in.

On RCCL last October, I got a stupid piece of paper with a code (that was my username) that made it very, very difficult to switch between devices -- something like: VrH6pq7yZ -- maybe it was by design. :rolleyes:

Edited by Wine-O

Are you able to log into the internet package utilizing different devices? DH and I have the unlimited internet package perk and are wondering if we can connect both of our Cell phones as well as 2 different tablets?

You each can use one device at a time. Log out from one then log in with the other.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Are you able to log into the internet package utilizing different devices? DH and I have the unlimited internet package perk and are wondering if we can connect both of our Cell phones as well as 2 different tablets?

If you are currently logged on with your laptop and go to log on with your smartphone, you will get a message on your smartphone that says something like: "you already are logged onto one device. Would you like to log on with this one?" Just hit yes and it will log off your laptop and log on your smartphone. Just one device at a time.

Now, your wife can do the same with her 2 devices.

We got the unlimited internet perk both on the Eclipse last summer and on Summit at the end of December. In both cases, my wife and I each got a little slip of paper on embarkation day when we checked in. We used those to set up an account (not difficult) and then set our own password which made it easy to change between devices.

All that said, you should know that often the internet speeds are incredibly slow. At times it is unaccessible. The system works better in public areas than in your stateroom, as well. The service is so inconsistent that I would not pay for the internet...we only got it as a perk as we'd booked into a Sky Suite.