NCL Cave Tubing in Belize...your opinions?

cowboygene

If memory serves, you have been asking Belize questions.

You are going to Harvest Caye, which is not near Belize City.

Harvest Caye itineraries do not offer cave tubing unless something has changed recently.

We have done cave tubing from Belize City twice.

Both through NCL but the experiences were vastly different.

First time we had actual inner tubes, the water was high and flowing and a meal was provided by a wonderful local vendor and was delicious.

Second time the tubes were big bulky things designed to drag children too lazy to learn to water-ski behind a boat and they didn't function well.

NCL had built a pavilion and bar in the jungle and had a god-awful buffet of horrible food and very spendy drinks/beer.

If I was going again I would do it privately without getting NCL involved.

I'm thinking Victor Bodden might be the company.

looking for some feedback on this NCL excursion.

Thanks

I did the NCL excursion back in September, and I had an awesome time. The only hitch: you are are required to pay cash to rent a locker, and I didn't bring any cash. Otherwise, the caves were cool; it was fun being able to just float through. And the lunch was good.

I would do it again.

The ONLY excursions offered in Belize by NCL is from Harvest Caye & I believe there is cave tubing along with a river rafting. This location is in the south of Belize and CANNOT be compared to the no longer available excursions that use to be offered in Belize City. Harvest Caye is a private island and no other excursions can pick you up. Besides it's at least a 45 minute++ boat ride from Harvest Caye to the mainland.

https://www.ncl.com/excursions/search?qs=N%3D4294964822%26Ne%3D8057%26Nr%3DAND%2528AND%2528p_Record_Type%253ASF%252Cp_Shorex_Status%253AAVL%2529%252Cp_Currency_Code%253AUSD%2529%26Nu%3Dp_Shorex_Package_Id%26_%3D1485801609941

Above are the only excursions offered from Harvest Caye. Cave tubing is not among them.

Below are excursions from Belize City, currently only if you stop there on the Pearl. Cave tubing IS there. But it seems the OP is going to Harvest Caye and is confused about Belize City. I would be happy to be proven elsewise.

https://www.ncl.com/excursions/search?qs=N%3D4294965194%26Ne%3D8057%26Nr%3DAND%2528AND%2528p_Record_Type%253ASF%252Cp_Shorex_Status%253AAVL%2529%252Cp_Currency_Code%253AUSD%2529%26Nu%3Dp_Shorex_Package_Id%26_%3D1485801796791

Edited by norway olin

YEP !!! Days of "REAL" cave tubing in Belize from an NCL ship are GONE!!! The good cave tubing talked about in posts above is over a 3 hour drive from Harvest Caye and a 4 hour boat trip. Impossible to now do. Bye Bye Belize City ....now it is Harvest Caye... a resort like port.

YEP !!! Days of "REAL" cave tubing in Belize from an NCL ship are GONE!!! The good cave tubing talked about in posts above is over a 3 hour drive from Harvest Caye and a 4 hour boat trip. Impossible to now do. Bye Bye Belize City ....now it is Harvest Caye... a resort like port.

Six Flags over the Caribbean.