Alcohol

Stephandboys

Again - first time cruiser.

Bottom line question: Does anyone know about how much a glass of wine typically is when purchased with dinner? Average price. I'm sure more expensive wines are more, etc.

We are considering bringing a bottle of wine with us (as I've read is permitted) to share in our cabin. (I know the cork fee if we brought it with us to dinner) But we're not sure if it's really even worth it. We are not big drinkers. Don't ever have to have wine. Just on occasion. But it might be fun here. I realize alcohol is a profit center as it is in all entertainment situations. But I think I'd send it back if I found a glass of wine was $12 a glass considering I pay about that for the entire bottle of wine at home! AHAHAH!! (wine connoisseur, obviously, I am not! :cool:)

So - I'm just curious!

Thanks!

Bottom line question: Does anyone know about how much a glass of wine typically is when purchased with dinner? Average price. I'm sure more expensive wines are more, etc.

We are considering bringing a bottle of wine with us (as I've read is permitted) to share in our cabin. (I know the cork fee if we brought it with us to dinner) But we're not sure if it's really even worth it. We are not big drinkers. Don't ever have to have wine. Just on occasion. But it might be fun here. I realize alcohol is a profit center as it is in all entertainment situations. But I think I'd send it back if I found a glass of wine was $12 a glass considering I pay about that for the entire bottle of wine at home! AHAHAH!! (wine connoisseur, obviously, I am not! :cool:)

So - I'm just curious!

Thanks!

You can send it back, but, it will still cost you 12 bucks!:)

I believe a glass of their least expensive wine goes for between $6 and $7. You can buy a bottle at dinner and they will save the unused portion for you and bring it out at your next meal. I want to say their least expensive Chardonnay is around $23 or so (and you can buy a bottle at any bar or entertainment venue where there are bar waiters).

I believe a glass of their least expensive wine goes for between $6 and $7. You can buy a bottle at dinner and they will save the unused portion for you and bring it out at your next meal. I want to say their least expensive Chardonnay is around $23 or so (and you can buy a bottle at any bar or entertainment venue where there are bar waiters).

Thank you!! That helps a lot. $7 is normal for an average restaurant glass of wine.......more to think about! I appreciate your info!

I know, so of you will call us cheap. But we do buy wine and even wine packages, but with our 'free' bottle that we take in our carry on... we've corked it in our room, carried the whole bottle to the dining room. We will have a glass of that one with dinner, then top off our glasses as we leave dinner, and take a full glass with us to the next venue, (piano bar, comedy, etc). That about depletes that bottle between the both of us. !

The best deal is to buy a bottle (if you do not bring your own). If you just drink part of it, they will bring it to your table the next night you come. I have found prices are about the same as a mid-priced restaurant. They have a decent selection.

Cheapest glass is $7 and the most expensive is $12, but they will tack on an auto-gratuity of 15% so add on another $1. The $7 glass are off brands and not very good, and the $10-12 glass are decent like Kendall Jackson. Honestly it sounds like you are just trying to enjoy a nice glass of wine with dinner each night, so as others have said each person over the age of 21 can carry on 1 normal sized bottle of wine. You can open it in your cabin for free, ask any bar for a wine glass, pour it in your cabin, and bring it with you to dinner. No one will bat at eye at this, and you have a wine you actually like at normal cost!

Hi Stephandboys

If your preference is for wine they do have wine "packages" at different price points. 5 bottle package for 7 day cruise, 3 bottle for 6 day or less.

All the info. in on the Carnival site...here is a link

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1358/~/cruise-the-vineyards-wine-packages

hope this helps

have a great cruise

I know, so of you will call us cheap. But we do buy wine and even wine packages, but with our 'free' bottle that we take in our carry on... we've corked it in our room, carried the whole bottle to the dining room. We will have a glass of that one with dinner, then top off our glasses as we leave dinner, and take a full glass with us to the next venue, (piano bar, comedy, etc). That about depletes that bottle between the both of us. !

So if you open the wine beforehand you won't be charged the corkage fee in the dining room?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So if you open the wine beforehand you won't be charged the corkage fee in the dining room?

I have read a lot of things that would suggest that you are right, but occasionally that they will still make you pay...

To be safe, we always just bring a glass from the bottles that we bring from home. We usually use the water glasses, to fill about as much as we could possibly wish for a normal evening ( usually about 1.5 glasses each).

Hope that helps

We purchase a wine package for the week, works out well. You may want to do something like that.

We have brought an open bottle to the MDR with us already opened. No corkage fee, we have also asked for a bottle to be opened once we arrived in the MDR and never a fee charged.

Edited by Drazil65

I just found out on our last cruise that if you buy a bottle of wine for dinner that you dont finish they will cork it for you and serve it the next time you dine in the mdr. Im the only one that drinks moscato in my party and I couldn't finish the bottle at one dinner (without looking like a lush in front of my kids), so the waiter corked it for me and i had it the next night.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

The best option for you is to bring two (2) 750ml bottle of wine that is allowed for you and your companion.

Last cruise we bought a wine package and were very pleased. Yes, it's all over priced compared to the prices at your local grocer, but you're not paying this price year round--it's for one week. Go ahead and splurge. One bottle = two glasses for two people (normally what the mrs and I will drink at a meal.

Sandwiched between aperitifs and nightcaps, it is just about right. Again, you're not mortgaging your house a second time. It's a few hundred bucks. Relax and enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Cabron

So - I'm just curious!

Thanks!

Just pour your wine in your cabin and bring it to dinner. They have NO IDEA where you bought it, nor care.

In Europe are you allowed to bring on a bottle of wine in the different ports if going to various countries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You aren't supposed to according to the FAQ but they didn't say anything about the bottle of wine we had in our beach bag coming back from the port.

You are not paying the $15 to have them open the wine for you, you are paying to bring the bottle to the dining room to drink.

It depends on the waiter whether they charge you or not. We haven't been lucky with that in the past, so everyone just pours it in their room and brings the glass or two to dinner.