Equinox April 24th

lovescarborough

I have seen the other thread on this date but wanted to ask a question regarding the relocation of the ship. We are on the cruise that docks in Fort Lauderdale on 24th. Given that Celebrity have gone back to vacating cabins by 8am will they be able to empty the ship and move it to Miami for the next cruise, which I believe is the same day, to allow passengers to board from around 11am as they normally do ? I'm not sure how long it takes to move the ship so hoping they don't want us off before dawn !!!

I have seen the other thread on this date but wanted to ask a question regarding the relocation of the ship. We are on the cruise that docks in Fort Lauderdale on 24th. Given that Celebrity have gone back to vacating cabins by 8am will they be able to empty the ship and move it to Miami for the next cruise, which I believe is the same day, to allow passengers to board from around 11am as they normally do ? I'm not sure how long it takes to move the ship so hoping they don't want us off before dawn !!!

It looks like the Miami departure on the 24th will take place at 6 PM so more likely that embarkation for that cruise will be affected vs making you disembark early. Actually, the crew can and will work while the ship is relocating so in essence, seems like they would be able to let you stay in your cabin a little longer. Wouldn't that be a dream come true?? I wouldn't count on that happening, though. I just don't think they will make you vacate your cabin early.

We were booked on the itinerary that was originally sold as a 14-night transatlantic from Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona. We combined it with a B2B Med. It was cancelled and the new itinerary of 11-night Caribbean round trip Miami was announced on Jul 19, 2016. Disappointing but we were given generous incentives by Celebrity and our TA to rebook the B2B Caribbean. No reason was given on why Equinox will have to reposition from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami on April 24.

Edited by Rob the Cruiser

Its approximately a 25 mile difference. I'm sure once the ship has been cleared by all passengers and luggage and any rental equipment, it will head on down to Miami. While the transitioning is taking place, I'm sure the room stewards will continue to be turning over the cabins in preparation for the new guests. :D I for which am one of them. :cool:

Hi We are on this cruise too! From SF trying to book hotel pre and post cruise

Any suggestions?

Overall I would suggest flying to Fort Lauderdale and staying there pre and post cruise. It was cheaper flying there than going into Miami for us. You might want to check this flying cross country. The hotels in FLL are a better bargain than those in Miami and it's only a 25 minute shuttle ride to and from. We used GO shuttle service, Just make sure they service the hotel you would be staying at. They charged 12 p/p plus tip with a group of 6 one way. They may have to take you to FLL airport on the way back so maybe a taxi or UBER might be a better option for you.

You can check the FLL destinations board or do a search for FLL hotels on CC for ideas or go on Tripadvisor. There are so many to choose from. There are some very nice small boutique hotels that are right on the beach.

On another topic: any idea that the ship will be delayed leaving from FLL is purely speculation and not founded in fact.

Enjoy your cruise. You will love love love the Equinox.