Radiance in Alaska - pools?

DnA2010

Hi All,

We are considering a cruise on Radiance to Alaska and wondering if the pools are open/heated? Daughter loves swimming and so we are looking for ships that have pools that are open.

Thank you for your help!

Hi All,

We are considering a cruise on Radiance to Alaska and wondering if the pools are open/heated? Daughter loves swimming and so we are looking for ships that have pools that are open.

Thank you for your help!

Leave your bathing suit home.

No one. I repeat NO ONE swam in the outdoor pool or the "main pool". Just too cold. Now the hot tubs were used. However, everyone did swim in the Solarium. I'm not big on swimming in public pools (love my pool at home), but I'm guessing it was warm enough to swim in.

I would just soak in the views instead of soaking in the water. :p

We have taken the first cruise of the season to Alaska on Radiance. Outside it is crispy cold. Take your parka weather.

It was fine and nice in the solarium. We swam. A nice thing to do is to go have a steam and then a swim. Take your swimsuit, even if you don't swim, you need it for the sauna and steam. Both are lovely if the weather is cold.

However, it can be quite warm midsummer and folks do use the outdoor pools then so it depends on the timing of your sail to Alaska.

We love Radiance, she is our favourite of the RCI ships. A "happy ship"

Hi All,

Thank you for your help!

Google is your friend... plenty of pictures of Radiance indoor pool in the Solarium

https://www.google.ca/search?q=radiance+of+the+seas+solarium+pool&rlz=1C1RNVH_enCA559CA585&espv=2&biw=1600&bih=794&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwibytvN_vLRAhUL-2MKHXMfA-MQ_AUIBigB

It is heated. Usually an adult only venue, when there is bad weather RCL usually allows an open swim time for all ages. You'll usually find that in your daily compass.