Taxi from port in Miami

CLOU

There are five ships arriving in the port of Miami when we arrive at the end of the cruise. Can anyone tell me whether there will be enough taxis for transportation to the airport or would we have a long wait? Deciding whether we need to book a car service.

Usually there are & Oceania usually docks at Terminal J so it is not so crowded

but the line can be long sometimes

I have booked John's Car service the last few times & shared with people from the roll call it worked a lot better for us ;)

I took Uber the last time we were there, about two weeks ago, and was out of there much, much quicker than those waiting on a regular taxi. From the time we put our location in the app till the time he was there was less than 5 minutes, more like around 3.

Cost was about 12-15 dollars. After that experience in a clean van with a friendly driver it would be hard to go back to a dirty taxi with a sullen driver.

I'll be taking Uber in Miami from now on.

PS, 5 ships is no big deal for Miami, probably happens all the time.

Uber's always come right to your location. So they picked me up right outside of Terminal J(where the cabs and other transport are too..right in front of the terminal). You should request one once you have your bags and on your way to customs. They take 2 to 10 minutes tops to get to you. From the cruise terminal in Miami I've done it three times, and each time it was around 3 minutes total.

I took Uber the last time we were there, about two weeks ago, and was out of there much, much quicker than those waiting on a regular taxi. From the time we put our location in the app till the time he was there was less than 5 minutes, more like around 3.

Cost was about 12-15 dollars. After that experience in a clean van with a friendly driver it would be hard to go back to a dirty taxi with a sullen driver.

I'll be taking Uber in Miami from now on.

PS, 5 ships is no big deal for Miami, probably happens all the time.

I always use Uber also. I stay at a hotel the night before in Doral and leave my car there for the time I'm gone at no charge. I have never had to wait 5 minutes for Uber.