St. Kitts....Never been before

moran4carnival

• 2 weeks later...
Brimstone Hill Fortress is a nice stop. Check out Thenfordgreytours.com. We are considering booking with them for their Grand Island Tour. I don't know anything about them though.

We used Greys and did the grand tour you will not be disappointed. It was a wonderful tour, beautiful sights and clean van with cold Ac.

We did a food tour last time we were there. The food stops were awesome and the views were incredible. We are heading back to St Kitts in the fall and will do another food adventure. We used St Kitts Food Tours. A Canadian does the tours, so easy to understand and she offers tours that are different from the typical island tours.

We used Greys and did the grand tour you will not be disappointed. It was a wonderful tour, beautiful sights and clean van with cold Ac.
Thank you. We will look into this..

I agree with this. We toured with Thenford Grey the first time we went to St. Kitts. He provides an awesome tour and it is a great way to see the highlights of this beautiful island for a first timer. And the stop at Brimstone Hill Fortress is spectacular.

Brimstone Hill Fortress is a nice stop. Check out Thenfordgreytours.com. We are considering booking with them for their Grand Island Tour. I don't know anything about them though.
Mr.Grey's Grand Island Tour was one of the best "book your own tours" that we have ever done. There were 5 of us and our 3 teenage sons loved it as did we. It is neck and neck with Bernard's Tour that we have done on StMarteen a couple of times. Again, we highly recommend our experience with Mr.Grey, who personally conducted our tour. There were about 12 of us in an over-sized van. Plenty of room and lots of cold water. We are headed to St.Kitts this summer and toyed with doing the tour again but since it has only been about 18 months....we are going to pass on a repeat.

Ahoy Ship Mate, What was the Canadians woman name , communication coordinates too? Is she teaching ( hope)? Regards

We did a food tour last time we were there. The food stops were awesome and the views were incredible. We are heading back to St Kitts in the fall and will do another food adventure. We used St Kitts Food Tours. A Canadian does the tours, so easy to understand and she offers tours that are different from the typical island tours.

Ahoy Ship Mate, What was the Canadians woman name , communication coordinates too? Is she teaching ( hope)? Regards[/quote

Hello,

You can find the tours at stkittsfoodtours Her name is Laurna. Not sure if she is doing cooking demonstrations yet, but on her website she now has a chocolate tour.

The tour was different from the usual island and beach tours.

Email is stkittsfoodtours@gmail.com

Toes

The beach at Shipwreck has a rustic feel with black sand beach. And you can walk down to Carombola Beach which is a more "traditional" beach (or you could do it in reverse and park yourself at Carambola and walk to Shipwreck). Lunch at shipwreck is well priced.

Dear Toes,

Thank you.

I saw now ;

Port Zante, Basseterre, St. Kitts & Nevis

Telephone: +1 869-767-4578

Regards,

AAAAmerican....

Hello,

You can find the tours at stkittsfoodtours Her name is Laurna. Not sure if she is doing cooking demonstrations yet, but on her website she now has a chocolate tour.

The tour was different from the usual island and beach tours.

Email is stkittsfoodtours@gmail.com

Toes

I don't think I would recommend the train for a first visit to St. Kitts. You see a lot of back country from the train but not a lot of the island highlights. And you don't get to go to the Brimstone Fortress. I do think the train is a nice experience for a subsequent trip to the island though I also think it is over priced.