Azura - Extra Night in Barbados Transatlantic cruise.

Weston81

We paid for the extra night and found it worthwhile. We could have a long day out in Barbados, then pack at leisure and put our cases out well after dinner. We stayed on the ship the final day as our pick up was just after midday. Much more relaxing than arrival and off, so well worth the money we thought.

As we probably won't go back to the Caribbean I'm glad we did it that way.

We've never been but I've read a lot about Oistin's where on Friday and Saturday nights they have a fish fry which seems to be quite an event if either of your extra nights coincide with those nights. It's a step down the coast so guess it would be a taxi trip and not sure how much that would cost be but perhaps you could investigate that if it interests you

http://www.barbados.org/oistins-fish-fry.htm

And I would agree, having travelled so far I think it would be a pity to miss out on a long day in Barbados with it's beautiful beaches.

We did the transatlantic on Azura coming back the other way, and my biggest regret was that we didnt book the overnight in Barbados, as we didnt really get to see much of the place. We absolutely loved every minute on the Azura and the Caribbean. If I can give you one tip it would be to book with Cosol Tours in St Lucia it was the best day of our lives.

We went to the Oistins Fish Fry on a Friday night when we were there on a land holiday. It was great fun and everybody sits at communal tables. We took one of the small buses which run everywhere. Can't remember the cost, but it was very cheap.

We have also done Cosol's Tours in St Lucia and agree it's a great day out.

We went to the Oistins Fish Fry on a Friday night when we were there on a land holiday. It was great fun and everybody sits at communal tables. We took one of the small buses which run everywhere. Can't remember the cost, but it was very cheap.

We have also done Cosol's Tours in St Lucia and agree it's a great day out.

Thanks for the the personal recommendation re Oistin's. I've read lots of positive comments but never been there ourselves - yet. Will definitely try to get there next time we get the opportunity.

• 4 months later...

Thinking of doing this cruise Oct 18 Southampton to Barbados, we realize the weather for the first two days maybe bad, however would it be sunbathing weather from the Azores onwards?

They are also selling as a 14 night & 15 night (£50 difference) so is the extra night onboard or do they move you to a local hotel

Thinking of doing this cruise Oct 18 Southampton to Barbados, we realize the weather for the first two days maybe bad, however would it be sunbathing weather from the Azores onwards?

They are also selling as a 14 night & 15 night (£50 difference) so is the extra night onboard or do they move you to a local hotel

Hi, we did the re-positioning 2013 and it got us hooked! The weather is progressively warm from the Azores onwards; so yes it is okay for sun-bathing. The extra night on board in Barbados is definitely worth it. You get a full day in port which allows you to use the evening as well should you venture off the ship (see Oistins above as an example). You keep your cabin until debark day, and can use the ship's facilities until you go to the airport. Your card works until you leave for the last time. During that final morning, you can leave the ship and re-board until you get collected for the airport. Very civilised. Have a great cruise.

I did the transatlantic last November and was glad we'd booked the extra night which was only about £50. We had a leisurely day in Barbados, then back to the ship for dinner in the Beach House, packed and put cases out late before going for a nightcap. We were on the ship until about 1 o clock the following afternoon when we were taken to the airport. We loathed the overnight flight back to Manchester which would certainly put me off doing this route again. On the way we passed Aurora returning from a 24 day out and back sail; I think if I ever go back to the Caribbean that's for me!