What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

I got my upgrade on Tues am. May 6th Getaway! I upped my bids to a ridiculous number so thats why I was able to get the 2 bedroom villa (H4). I think I put in the highest bid Ive ever read about on here through bidding, so had a really good feeling. Ive been reading all along w you guys. Every night before bed. Good read. Keep up the good work. Now for the bid. 1470 a person (H4). And 1380 for AFT (H6). I kind of knew Id get one cause of the 200+ too high bids. Good luck all. Its my wifes b day and our 10 year anniversary so I wanted to see her smile. Again, great read and great luck all. Shaun

Edited by huntersh2
Add something

I got my upgrade on Tues am. May 6th Getaway! I upped my bids to a ridiculous number so thats why I was able to get the 2 bedroom villa (H4). I think I put in the highest bid Ive ever read about on here through bidding, so had a really good feeling. Ive been reading all along w you guys. Every night before bed. Good read. Keep up the good work. Now for the bid. 1470 a person (H4). And 1380 for AFT (H6). I kind of knew Id get one cause of the 200+ too high bids. Good luck all. Its my wifes b day and our 10 year anniversary so I wanted to see her smile. Again, great read and great luck all. Shaun

What do you mean 200+ too high bids?

What category did you originally book? And yes I also do not understand what you mean by the 200+ too high bids?

Do they ever accept bids on the weekend? We are leaving on the 13th Escape. We are so excited, my daughter keeps asking every day if it’s time! Hoping to know by Monday… But it’s going to be a great vacation either way💗

I was looking at the other Haven suites, as there were a lot available, but really was looking for two full bathrooms. I think the only Haven suites with two full bathrooms were the Two Bedroom and the Aft Balcony.

Stayed in an aft haven balcony on Breakaway in February and the second bathroom is tiny. It was nice to have the extra toilet but used main bathroom for showers, etc. We had a forward facing penthouse on Breakaway once on deck 9 and the shower was HUGE!!!!!

Do they ever accept bids on the weekend? We are leaving on the 13th Escape. We are so excited, my daughter keeps asking every day if it’s time! Hoping to know by Monday… But it’s going to be a great vacation either way💗

I've asked this question too, but haven't heard a definitive answer. We also leave on the 13th on the Getaway. You're right, either way will be great. I'm thinking Tuesday or Wednesday before we hear...maybe Thursday..

I've asked this question too, but haven't heard a definitive answer. We also leave on the 13th on the Getaway. You're right, either way will be great. I'm thinking Tuesday or Wednesday before we hear...maybe Thursday..

There’s only 2 havens left on the getaway for the 13th. If you really want one I suggest you buy it outright. From what I’ve seen recently is they allocated them the Tuesday before the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have a fantastic cruise. We sail the Escape soon as well. Hope you and your daughter have a fantastic time and get to do a lot of mother daughter bonding. Fingers crossed for your upgrade!

Thank you! Just me the hubby and our little princess! Have a great time on your trip. I’ll post as soon as I find out⛴💗

Received an invite to bid on a haven upgrade for my 7/16 Alaska cruise,we're in an aft penthouse. I thought it was kind of strange since all the haven suites show sold out through the booking system, except for one garden villa. The offer showed all haven suites to bid on. I guess they are taking bid's in case of cancellation's?

Received an invite to bid on a haven upgrade for my 7/16 Alaska cruise,we're in an aft penthouse. I thought it was kind of strange since all the haven suites show sold out through the booking system, except for one garden villa. The offer showed all haven suites to bid on. I guess they are taking bid's in case of cancellation's?

If you are in a Haven aft PH I'd be thrilled to stay put.

If you are in a Haven aft PH I'd be thrilled to stay put.

We're on the Jewel non-Haven suite. We're quite happy with what we have, may throw in a bid just for the hell of it though, may never get the Haven chance again being on the back end of the ride to full retirement.

We're on the Jewel non-Haven suite. We're quite happy with what we have, may throw in a bid just for the hell of it though, may never get the Haven chance again being on the back end of the ride to full retirement.

Can I ask what the minimum bid started at, I am curious? I Love that category SF Suite on the Jewel Class, although have done one time in The Haven on the Jewel. It was nice but have to admit we really missed our Deck 10 Aft Suite. We will be on the Bliss in September and going The Haven Route.

H1 starts at $1500, H3-4 $750, and H5 at $300. I missed the opportunity to get a SF on deck 10 (they went quick when the price dropped) , but should be quite happy on 9.

Thanks for the pricing, it kind of gives me an idea of what they could offer to upsell from the H5, although I doubt we would want to move but it would be nice to have the larger cabin and bathroom. Actually the Bliss H5 is pretty much what the category SF is on the Jewel in size without the aft wake view.

Yes the deck 10 cabins go first but 9 is still a good location. You will definitely enjoy it!!! :)

Sorry everyone for the confusion. I had a BB mid ship balcony (angled). I bid 1480 pp. For H4. 1370 for H2. Won H4. Minimum bid was 1000 pp. I bid 1480. When I said 200 plus meaning 200 dollars plus too high from all of the 1000s of posts I read in this thread through last 6 months. I never seen anyone else pay that much. As much As I Did. I got carried away haha. Plus was 10 year anniversary and wife's 33 birthday. So I have 0 regrets. :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Edited by huntersh2

I 2nd this . Tuesday am. Got mine

There’s only 2 havens left on the getaway for the 13th. If you really want one I suggest you buy it outright. From what I’ve seen recently is they allocated them the Tuesday before the cruise.

Sorry everyone for the confusion. I had a BB mid ship balcony (angled). I bid 1480 pp. For H4. 1370 for H2. Won H4. Minimum bid was 1000 pp. I bid 1480. When I said 200 plus meaning 200 dollars plus too high from all of the 1000s of posts I read in this thread through last 6 months. I never seen anyone else pay that much. As much As I Did. I got carried away haha. Plus was 10 year anniversary and wife's 33 birthday. So I have 0 regrets. :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Fear not, my bid was in the same "high" ballpark as yours compared to what others on here have said you shouldn't exceed. We don't sail until the 9th so it's still too early for me to officially hear. I figure if we get it, it's still cheaper than if we booked the owners suite outright so win for us. And if we don't get it, no biggie, we got a mini-suite for a steal of a price and will use that saved money to upgrade our flights coming home. So another win for us.

Travel agencies may have holds on some suites but they release them if not sold by so many days out. I can also bid on categories that show sold out. I guess it keeps us guessing..... I should hear by Wednesday this week whether my bid(s) were accepted or rejected.

Travel agencies may have holds on some suites but they release them if not sold by so many days out. I can also bid on categories that show sold out. I guess it keeps us guessing..... I should hear by Wednesday this week whether my bid(s) were accepted or rejected.

Travel Agents can only “hold” a suite for 30 minutes within final payment. There’s literally I clock that counts down in the T.A. Reservation portal. After that it goes back in to inventory.