Parking at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal

shark5

I read the thread on parking at the cruise terminal but am still confused.

If I drive my car to the terminal how do I get to the embarking document check in and what do I do with my luggage?

Someone posted that park in the parking garage and take an elevator down to the check in desk. Is that correct? and do I drag my luggage or is there someone to take the bags from me?

thanks

sharkman

You park your car, bring luggage into the elevator with you. As soon as the elevator doors open, there are porters there to take your luggage. Then the doors to go inside are right there.

Edited by CobyTA

Go up 55th st and it takes you right into terminal. Stay right up ramp to parking. Pay at booth pull up and dog will sniff you car. Then go a few feet to elevator, take luggage out of car. Then park car and take luggage in elevator. Once doors open give luggage to porters and go through security. Then check in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you are in no hurry you can stay on the lower level and drop your bags, then drive around again and go to the upper level and park.

Then you can go down the escalator with your carry on and check in.

Driving those several blocks can take 20 minutes.

You park your car, bring luggage into the elevator with you. As soon as the elevator doors open, there are porters there to take your luggage. Then the doors to go inside are right there.

technically this is wrong. i thought it was a weird setup. when you come down the elevators you already are inside. you have to turn around and go back outside to drop off your bags then come back in to security. really silly if you ask me. but i've done this 2 times so its how it is.

Edited by CobyTA

On previous trips we have dropped off our luggage with the porters at the designated drop off at the pier, then just drove up to the parking area and the luggage was not an issue. Into the elevator and down to the check in desk.

On previous trips we have dropped off our luggage with the porters at the designated drop off at the pier, then just drove up to the parking area and the luggage was not an issue. Into the elevator and down to the check in desk.

I've never heard of anyone being able to do this. There are two choices, drop off luggage and then go back to the street to make a loop, or take the parking ramp up, and bring your luggage down.