Surprising Someone

Briitini

I am booking the same cruise as a family member and she has NO IDEA. Any ideas on how to surprise them on the ship? I kinda want a OMG *** moment.

Find out what time they are checking in and get there at the same time. Surprise them in the terminal. :)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hi there

If this really will be an exciting coincidence maybe you would want to let her know before.

If you want to eat together, for instance, you might want to link your booking numbers so you will be seated together. Unless you both have YTD, then it wouldn't matter.

Also, you might do some excursions together, if she hasn't already planned out her trip.

Just a thought...sometimes the best surprises are the ones you don't get

have a great cruise

I hope your family member will be happy to see you!

I have heard some horror stories about folks being "surprised" and being quite UNhappy about it!

I agree that if you want to be able to eat together or do any activities together that you might as well do the surprising before you actually get on board the ship!

Wait till you board and find a spot with the name of the ship or some other very distinctive area, take your picture and text it to them.

Like others, I think this is the best idea. I just watched the remake of Beaches with Idina Menzel. Idina was on stage signing and her friend came to the club (from out of town) and took a pic of Idina singing and her best friend texted the pic. What so cool when she realized her friend was there at that moment. I'd love to do this sometime to my bestie or my sister.

I am booking the same cruise as a family member and she has NO IDEA. Any ideas on how to surprise them on the ship? I kinda want a OMG *** moment.

find there cabin and make a visit

Sneak into the cabin and say BOO! in a very loud voice.

Find out their cabin number before the cruise , Get on the ship unseen ,,, Text various pictures of yourself , from around the ship ,with you in the picture , get 1 of yourself outside her cabin ,with the cabin number in the picture ..

This is definitely what you should do. I must admit though that although, I would pretend to be happy about my family surprising me by joining on my cruise, it would only be pretend. Don't get me wrong, I cruise with extended family and I enjoy it, but these cruises are not as relaxing as just immediate family.

Find out their cabin number before the cruise , Get on the ship unseen ,,, Text various pictures of yourself , from around the ship ,with you in the picture , get 1 of yourself outside her cabin ,with the cabin number in the picture ..

How do you get on a ship unseen? You have to go through security to get on the ship.

Wait till you board and find a spot with the name of the ship or some other very distinctive area, take your picture and text it to them.

I would do this but instead of the name of the ship I would stand off somewhere and do a selfie with them in the background and then text them or tag them on facebook

My husband did this for me one year. We had a cruise planned and some friend were coming with us, but I didn't know until the night before. The called me to say they were "in the area" and wanted to come say bye. They lived about an hour from us. We sat down to play a game and they started dropping some hints until I finally figured it out! The had their bags packed in the car and spent the night to fly out with us the next morning! I was to much fun and a fantastic surprise!!

Friends invited us to cruise with them. We declined. Called and made reservations the next day - but never told our friends.

When we got on board we snuck a letter into their mailbox - which we prepared at home - looking like carnival stationery - reading "You are invited to a private cocktail party with the Captain." Date (boarding day) Time - 4:30 PM - Dress: casual - Suite #0000 (Our cabin number). Signed with the Captains name. (OK so I forged his name).

We had drinks & snacks ready -

Hubby filmed it when they knocked on the door and I opened it.

Was hysterical!!!!!

The best prank ever.

And that set us up for a fabulous cruise.

I like the photo in front of there room door text, or the take a picture with them in the background and tag them on Facebook.

I think a good one would be to get there boarding info and set your dining table with there's and be sitting there when they come to dinner. Sure they would love to sit with people they know over strangers anyway.

Keep us posted on what you end up doing and how it turns out!

We surprised my sister. She was doing a 4 day then a 5 day back to back. We surprised her in turn around day. I knew she'd be at the pool when we got on. So, we found a waiter and had a drink sent over to her. We sat on the edge of the pool and the waiter said the drink was from the gentlemen over there. It was great fun!

Thanks everyone! Yes they like me lol! She asked me to join and I told her no because the prices are outrageous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did this to my daughter. Booked the same cruise, and was able to link our dining to be at their table. It was neat to be able to surprise them at dinner in the dining room.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk