How easy is it to switch Cruise ships?

Petals22

Has anyone ever cruised for one week (or longer :) ) on one line such as MSC and after disembarking gone on another cruise line for another week? I am wondering how easy logistically it would be to disembark the MSC Divina and embark on the NCL Escape. Both leave from the Port of Miami. I realize it would be simpler to do both legs of the trip on the same ship so we wouldn't have to pack and unpack, etc. Just wondering if anyone has experience with this. I assume we could grab a taxi or a shuttle at one pier and go to the other pier?

thank you!

Has anyone ever cruised for one week (or longer :) ) on one line such as MSC and after disembarking gone on another cruise line for another week? I am wondering how easy logistically it would be to disembark the MSC Divina and embark on the NCL Escape. Both leave from the Port of Miami. I realize it would be simpler to do both legs of the trip on the same ship so we wouldn't have to pack and unpack, etc. Just wondering if anyone has experience with this. I assume we could grab a taxi or a shuttle at one pier and go to the other pier?

thank you!

I don't think the taxi driver would be very happy with you with a ride of 300-400 yards.

We did the same thing in Fort Lauderdale- had our first cruise on the Allure of the Sea's and then the second week on the Celebrity Silhouette. Did this twice- first time Silly first- we had a porter who took us all the way across the parking garage to the Allure- a nice walk but ok. The second time, we were told that we could take the RC bus, and the driver dropped the passengers off at the airport and then dropped us off at the cruise ship terminal. We weren't charged but gave a nice tip to both the porter and the bus driver.