Yes check your fare Wow!!

helene109

Every time I check my price, I get psyched up thinking I'm going to get a credit.

Then it dawns on me that my room fare is much lower without the taxes and fees.

For some reason my brain always thinks of the total price amount and not the room only price. Darn! :o

Price drop again today for one of my future cruise. This is the 3rd day in a row going down $20 each day so $60 so far. I do not fill out forms like some of you suggest. I call Carnival directly and they do the adjustment and send me the emails showing the onboard credit.

I check every so often but we always book suites and they have never dropped in price. We book 12 - 18 months in advance and our current trip is $1300 more today for both than when we booked. :( Oh well, we love the suites so no big deal because we get a good early saver rate.

Glad I checked the board. I hadn't checked the price in a while, so did so after seeing this thread. Turns out the price for our cabin dropped $180. I then had to check if we had booked under Early Saver since it's after final payment (which we did), so got the on-board credit applied today :)

We're looking at booking the Horizon in 2019. I put in for the same exact room, same cruise length, about 2 years out and going through our TA the price is $900 HIGHER than booking the equivalent for this year's 2017 Vista cruise in April of 2015.

Even our TA was astonished at the huge price difference in just two years. So, our TA and I will be watching the fare for the sailing we want over the next couple of months. If it doesn't come down, then we'll have to pass.

Luckily I did get one price drop before final payment on my April Conquest sailing....but I got lucky on that one since one 8F cabin came available, thus letting me request the adjustment. I should kick myself for picking an 8F....but I went with same on the Vista for next year...hehe

Every time I check my price, I get psyched up thinking I'm going to get a credit.

Then it dawns on me that my room fare is much lower without the taxes and fees.

For some reason my brain always thinks of the total price amount and not the room only price. Darn! :o

Do a search for Carnival Fare Viewer, they show you the price for the cabin before taxes & fees.

What if there are not any rooms left on the deck you are on to compare to? Can you compare to the deck above?

Its possible that cabins on different decks are in the same fare code, so the answer would be....it depends. As long as fare code is available...8A, 8B......8F, etc you can compare to other cabins (even on different decks) with the same class.

Checked our cruise today to see how much higher a suite would be. Also decided to check our fare for the same type room and it was $10 less then when we booked. Debated whether to fill out the form for such a low amount but husband reminded me it was the price of a drink so I did. Guess every little bit helps!!

Checked our cruise today to see how much higher a suite would be. Also decided to check our fare for the same type room and it was $10 less then when we booked. Debated whether to fill out the form for such a low amount but husband reminded me it was the price of a drink so I did. Guess every little bit helps!!

We think the same way. $10/pp is 3 beers:D

I checked the rate for our upcoming trip in May on the valor. Between our two cabins the priced dropped $300 so I called my PVP and got the new rate.

Decided to check on our Panama Canal cruise in April 2018 and the price jumped $400. Super glad I booked it back in November. Pays to book early.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Checked the price for our May Trip Tuesday morning and it dropped another $90. Since Sunday the price went down $390. So with the saving we booked the Chief's table. BTW the price drop includes the two cabins we booked. So it was $195 per cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app