New reservation discount while onboard

amy2313

I will be on the SOS at the end of the month and we are already planning another cruise for February or March of next year. I know that I had read on here that there are discounts offered for booking another cruise while onboard. Can anyone tell me what kind of discounts I can expect if I wait and book while I am cruising (are the discounts substantial?) or should I just make the reservations now with my TA or RC online?

Any help and suggestions is appreciated.

You should get the lowest available price on your specific category at the time of booking, but rather than an "on-board booking discount," you get on-board credit for the cruise you are booking. We've done this several times, and have gotten $100.00 on board credit (that's per cabin, not per person) for our 7 night cruises, and $200.00 for our 11 night on Empress last year.

Jodi

Check prices through your TA at home before you sail and book your trip if it seems like a good price. We are leaving in a few days on a cruise I booked about 14 months ago. By the time we were on a ship again (2 months later), I checked out the price. It was several hundred dollars more per person than what I had already booked. If I had waited to book the cruise, it would have cost me far in excess of the $200 credit I would have gotten for booking onboard.

Guest cruzr44
I will be on the SOS at the end of the month and we are already planning another cruise for February or March of next year. I know that I had read on here that there are discounts offered for booking another cruise while onboard. Can anyone tell me what kind of discounts I can expect if I wait and book while I am cruising (are the discounts substantial?) or should I just make the reservations now with my TA or RC online?

Any help and suggestions is appreciated.

Be careful, if you book onboard RC will automatically transfer your booking to the agency who handled the cruise you will be on. If you do not want them to do that let them know you want to keep it with RC. After you get home you can then transfer the booking to a TA of your choice. Be sure they keep the same booking number or you will lose the onboard credit.

mx55mom@yahoo.com

If you book another cruise while onboard they should ask you if you want your booking transferred to a ta before doing so, but make sure it is done the way YOU want. When they do the printout for you there is a line on there that says agent name . We book direct so ours say direct booking.

The advantage is that you lock in your price. If the price increases, you are locked into the lower fare. If the price decreases, they will adjust the cost. The only thing to remember is that YOU have to take responsibility to monitor the prices on RCL's website. It won't be done automatically

We too plan to book onboard in January 2006 when we sail on the Monarch. Does anyone know if you have to sail within a certain time limit when booking onboard? I know that Princess allows you 4 years to use the onboard credit, but wasn't sure if RCL has limitations.

Appreciate any responses.

Your on-board discount is linked to your reservation number. I don't know if there's a time limit on it, but if you have to change your sailing, you need to make sure you maintain the reservation number you were given on board to maintain that on-boad credit.

Jodi

Archived