Very Upset with RCCL!!!!

Maksim

Interesting. I did not know what you had highlighted in your reply. That is helpful if you are in a basic inner cabin, Jr. Balcony and the like. However, if you are in the higer suite class I don't think an upgrade is possible as the Grand Loft suites i.e., are not numerous.

So, in that case would they have to provide the lower price?...

No, if your price went down after final payment date and there were no higher category staterooms were available, you would be out of luck.

Yes, welcome to the internet where the clueless have a place to get together and pity themselves ad nauseum for poor comprehension skills.

Glossed right over was that Cruise Critic once was a useful place to share information about cruising. It's now become what njm5378 says it has. The fact it's the "internet" doesn't change that (unless you're 12).

When, exactly, was that time?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

...So, in that case would they have to provide the lower price?

I book and pay in full at time of booking. I find it easier for me. Maybe if interest rates were higher I would spread it out. I would hope RCCI would recognize me as a customer to treat rigt and get the lower fare if possible...

You can request a repricing to current price and terms (eg "new bookings only", possible loss of OBC, etc) up until RCI's Final Payment Date. Being Paid in Full does not change the Final Payment Date. AFTER Final Payment Date it is upgrade only, and lack of cabins to which you might upgrade is your problem, not RCI's. As stated many times, one can hope for a better deal, but do not book unless you are (and will be) satisfied with the deal you are making.

Thanks. There is only one Crown Loft Suite left and it is on the AFT so trying to see a significan price drop will not happen.

That reminded me also of why I booked early. I get the discounts I am happy with but booking asap I pick the best cabin to suite our needs.

I will do the same in this voyage or the next as we want to do a Cruise around Alaska in 2019. We have to wait until 2019 bookings are open

Absolutely NOT - if they did this for everyone every time a price dropped they'd be out of business in a year.

Yet they did honor the price drops for many years and are still in business. The new policy has only been in place for about six or seven years.

Welcome to CC, where snarkyness comes with every thread.;)

At least the snarkiness is free, so no need to worry about price drops. [emoji23]

Seriously, the only time I ever caught a price drop was for my 2009 Adventure of the Seas cruise when my group dropped from 5 to 4 and I needed to move my cabin. In the end they gave me the forward family cabin back when it went unsold. I don't usually even look for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are a lot of cruise lines vying for our business and loyality. If you can't get reasonable satisfaction, I'd vote with my feet in the future.

To another cruise line, with the same policy .. This is common business practice not unique to RCCL.

After reading all the pages of replies, I didn't even imagine there will be so many nasty ones. But there are also some nice and reasonable ones. Thank you all, however. It's just shows different personalities on the cc. Good luck to you all in future cruises and I hope I come across those of you who provided pleasant and polite comments.

Yes? In the US, most businesses will refund the amount paid if the price drops within a certain period - 7, 14 or 30 days depending on the retailer and product.

However a cruise isnt a product. Airlines and such dont refund you the difference.

Southwest gives you credit, good for up to a year

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Every, single cruise line does this. So I guess you won't be cruising anymore?

That's not true.....some give you OBC for the difference, etc. I have done it myself, I know. But, if this is RCCL's policy, when you book, you have to be willing to accept it or don't book with them.