Soda N More pkg. drinks in a Yeti?

rgmacm

I've got a strange question....but why not? :o

We simply LOVE our Yeti cups and plan to take them on our cruise.

If we purchase the Soda N More package... has anyone gone up to the bar and asked the drinks just be put in their Yeti cups? I realize it would amount to 'more drink' (my cup is the smallest size, but still larger than the cups PCL uses) but since the sodas are unlimited anyway, would they really care?? The Yeti keeps ice "icey"...and drinks cold for hours...without getting watered down so no need for a refresh! :) It would make it possible to get a drink every 3-4 hrs instead of every 45 minutes. ;) LOVE THESE CUPS!!! ha

Then of course, the Yeti would be nice for the brewed coffee with my coffee card in the mornings too since that has to be 'requested' as well......wondering if they would be 'ok' with giving you larger amounts of that too...

(...and before anyone says 'just order and pour it in yourself...) Yes, I could do that, but ordering drinks back-to-back would appear as if I was supplying the neighborhood from my pkg or coffee card. I'm not...but don't want a red flag on my name as if I were...)

Anyway.....Has anyone taken their Yeti...and asked this and gotten a "yes"?

I've got a strange question....but why not? :o

We simply LOVE our Yeti cups and plan to take them on our cruise.

If we purchase the Soda N More package... has anyone gone up to the bar and asked the drinks just be put in their Yeti cups? I realize it would amount to 'more drink' (my cup is the smallest size, but still larger than the cups PCL uses) but since the sodas are unlimited anyway, would they really care?? The Yeti keeps ice "icey"...and drinks cold for hours...without getting watered down so no need for a refresh! :) It would make it possible to get a drink every 3-4 hrs instead of every 45 minutes. ;) LOVE THESE CUPS!!! ha

Then of course, the Yeti would be nice for the brewed coffee with my coffee card in the mornings too since that has to be 'requested' as well......wondering if they would be 'ok' with giving you larger amounts of that too...

(...and before anyone says 'just order and pour it in yourself...) Yes, I could do that, but ordering drinks back-to-back would appear as if I was supplying the neighborhood from my pkg or coffee card. I'm not...but don't want a red flag on my name as if I were...)

Anyway.....Has anyone taken their Yeti...and asked this and gotten a "yes"?

It's not a matter of how much but using a passenger's non sanitized cup.

Nothing wrong with getting a Princess glass filled and dumping it in your container. Just stand there and do it in front of them instead of coming back multiple times.

Will they catch it every time when a passenger tries to use their cup? Probably not but it's a health risk especially if the container touches the soda gun nozzle.

We've always used our Tervis tumblers (large ones) and rarely will they not fill directly. If they wouldn't I just ask for a large cup with Diet Coke and dump it in myself. Figure - they give out reusable tumblers for the soda package when you buy it and I've always seen they refill them, so one time we asked, and they did it without issue.

We also always bring our own sports bottle and the bartenders have no problem filling them on request. I have never had to get it in a glass and then transfer it to my sports bottle. As for the comment about it being unsanitary, it is not more than the bottles they give you to use and reuse. The comment about the nozzle touching the cup, it should never touch the cup and I have never seen it happen in front of me.

On another competing cruise line (not a Carnival Corp) they were notorious about never filling a pax provided cup not only at the bars but also in the buffet. I always had to be given the drink in either location in a provided glass and pouring it into my sports bottle. What a pain.

I like my Yeti too, but I am one that does not like to have to carry it with me. While I do enjoy it at home or in the car I will not have it with me on the ship. For me, I will use my beverage card, get a soda in their cup and when I decide I am finished with the soda I will just leave it there.

To the Op just enjoy the yeti however you get to use it...have someone fill it for you or pour your own. Just don't worry and go with the flow...LOL :)

We also always bring our own sports bottle and the bartenders have no problem filling them on request. I have never had to get it in a glass and then transfer it to my sports bottle. As for the comment about it being unsanitary, it is not more than the bottles they give you to use and reuse. The comment about the nozzle touching the cup, it should never touch the cup and I have never seen it happen in front of me.

On another competing cruise line (not a Carnival Corp) they were notorious about never filling a pax provided cup not only at the bars but also in the buffet. I always had to be given the drink in either location in a provided glass and pouring it into my sports bottle. What a pain.

I saw the bartenders carefully hold the gun aimed in the centre of my tumbler when filling. When I'd had a Mocktail previously, they quickly rinsed the tumbler so that it was ready to use, just asked that I unscrew the top for them and I sure didn't mind helping them. Even in Skywalker's Bar at the PES function, I had the tumbler with me and politely asked for a Coke and the bartender happily took the tumbler and brought it back filled ready to enjoy with my snacks-smoked salmon and focaccia IIRC and DELICIOUS!

For basic soda, etc, they are usually fine with filling from the gun since there is no contact, they just cannot handle the lid.

For anything mixed, has to be prepped in a shaker or whatever, pour and repeat (even a fake cherry coke - soda and grenadine). Mocktails out of dispensers should not be direct dispensed either.

At the buffet etc, it cannot be used directly, that's just a blanket policy because some customers are less than scrupulous about hygeine and sanitation.

For brewed coffee, again, since they control the pour, they are usually ok.

With all that said, the official policy is fresh glass/cup, so if you get a server who is a stickler just go the long way.

It's an insulated cup that FAR surpasses any insulated cup I've ever had before. Hot stays "hot" and cold stays "cold" for hours...8-10 hrs. I've left ice in a cup overnight and the next morning, there's very little melt...most of the ice is still there.

I bought mine at a local Sporting Goods store and got a REAL Yeti. I learned recently however, that there are fakes out there... In fact, in reading the reviews with the link someone above posted, that particular one on Amazon seems to be one of those Chinese fakes. I hoped to pick up another one for a good price before my Amazon Prime expires. --glad I read the reviews.

It's a great cup, but I guess as with anything else, buyers should be cautious and read reviews before purchasing online.

You can also google how to tell the difference between real and fake...interesting reading...

Edited by rgmacm

From what I have seen the knockoffs vary from almost as good to about 60 percent as good, for generally half the price.

For a cruise in climates with more extreme temps I would want a real yet for maximum effect, for routine use, the knock offs are probably fine (from what I can tell the only difference is the thickness of the metal and the seals on the lid)