Oasis Main Dining Room Breakfast Menu

The menu will have ALL types of breakfast foods...from eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, steak....to oatmeal, omelets, fruit, yogurt, toast and pastries, pancakes, french toast,hash browns, dry cereals, juices, milk, coffee/tea, in any combo you want. For instance, there are combo plates with eggs/meat...and I also order french toast...they will bring you whatever you want.

We LOVE the dining room for breakfast!

This has nothing to do with cruising but I was thinking about you today Bob when I was eating at Portillo's in Rockford today.:D

Rub it in.:p

Soon there will be one just an hour away in Normal.

Rub it in.:p

Soon there will be one just an hour away in Normal.

I can practically walk to the Portillos nearest to me but of course I drive. 5 minutes from garage to the drive-thru. I love their Maxwell Street Polish but nothing can beat their chocolate cake!!! Had something similar on a cruise but not quite the same.

I can practically walk to the Portillos nearest to me but of course I drive. 5 minutes from garage to the drive-thru. I love their Maxwell Street Polish but nothing can beat their chocolate cake!!! Had something similar on a cruise but not quite the same.

I had a couple of Chicago Dogs and brought home a Beef & Sausage combo. Agree about the Maxwell Street Polish.:D

BTW I'm so old I remember Old Chicago in Bolingbrook.;)

Do they seat you with others automatically? Are you able to get a table for 2 or 4 if you ask?

For breakfast and lunch, the default is to seat you with others. However, you can ask for a table by yourselves if you want. It may take a bit longer to get seated that way.

They will make omelettes in the MDR as well. The 3 omelette types in WJ were actually very good and always fresh as there is a constant turnover.

The MDR hours vary daily.

The menu is normal breakfast stuff plus they have a buffet set up. It is basically a smaller version of the WJ.

You can ask to sit alone and if there is a table you will be seated alone or you can wait.

We ate there 2 times and it was under an hour each time. If you do the buffet it is as fast as you want it to be.

Also an often overlooked option is the only place to get made to order omelettes is the wipeout cafe [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Three oasis and one Allure trip and yes there was an omelette on the mdr menu but not where you actually see it get made. four visits to wj in those trips and never saw a single omelette. Others at breakfast with us even says the same thing. Guess we just missed the days they choose to do them. The omelette in Johnny Rockets was horrible- ok if you like cake eggs and cheese you're good to go, otherwise we did not like JR for breakfast at all

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's funny - one of the things we like about dinner in WJ is because it's quieter than dinner in the MDR.

Could be the ships you were on. My experiences in WJ sounded like Waffle House, Denny's, Crackle Barrel. Nice places on a long road trip but not what I would do otherwise. On the next cruise it will be Costal Kitchen, room service and the Speciality restaurants:D