Transport SYD Airport to OPT - 6 adults and 2 toddlers

Hi All - just wondering what would be our best bet - we are 6 adults and 2 toddlers and need transport from Sydney airport to OPT. Can we rely on their being maxi cabs at the taxi rank at the airport ? Or will we need 2 cabs - train not an option this time - as with luggage and 2 littles just too awkward. Are private transfers cost effective or would a maxi cab work out the best option for us, any ideas, has anyone else had this challenge with a larger family group.....cheers V

If they need car seats (legally) then I would think you would be up for 2 taxis as the chances of a taxi being fitted for and carrying 2 child seats would have to be extremely low I suspect.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

If you are not in a super rush to get to OPT, a maxi will come along and or be ordered by the despatcher/ringmaster at the cab rank. If time is pressing it may have to be two stations again taxis. The only other alternative is UberXL possibly two vehicles depending on your baggage amount.... I also think that Uber is now offering pre-book as an option. Hae a great trip and cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Coming off our recent trip our group of five walked outside the international airport at Sydney and joined the very large queue to get a taxi whether normal or maxi to the Rocks. The line was huge but moved steadily, total time I think was around 20 minutes from waiting to boarding a taxi. There were big van taxis but we caught a station wagon which was large enough for the five of us including all our luggage and cost was around $75.00. A maxi cab van should be fine, the problem would be the extra car seat.

The car seats are an issue and therefore whether it is a maxi cab, two cabs, or a hire Van, the issue remains. Depending on when your flight arrives, the taxi lines tend to be quite long between 7.30 and 9am but as mentioned already, they do move quickly.

The car seats are an issue and therefore whether it is a maxi cab, two cabs, or a hire Van, the issue remains. Depending on when your flight arrives, the taxi lines tend to be quite long between 7.30 and 9am but as mentioned already, they do move quickly.

We haven't had to wait for a taxi at the airport taxi rank (maybe good luck so far!). Usually there is no-one ahead of us, or maybe one or two couples or family groups, but with a line of several taxis waiting. You would need to ask the taxi rank organiser to order a maxi taxi for you so there would be a wait for that.

Thanks everyone will get taxi rank Marshall to order maxi cab for us, that seems the best bet. Got a quote for a van to meet us at the airport and the quote came in at $235... they gotta be dreaming and that was one way....

Thanks everyone will get taxi rank Marshall to order maxi cab for us, that seems the best bet. Got a quote for a van to meet us at the airport and the quote came in at $235... they gotta be dreaming and that was one way....

Yep even with two taxis, you would likely have over $100-150 left over.:D

Will luggage space be a problem for you in a maxi?

I was in a group of 5 adults in a maxi a few years ago and we only just managed to fit 5 suitcases in, and they were really only medium sized. From memory I think the driver had to pack them around those of us sitting in the back row of seats. Not very safe in the event of an accident. We chose to take 2 station wagons for our return journey to the airport. Higher cost, but made for a much more enjoyable journey.

Regards

Melissa