Rome to Miami on November 14th, 2017

White Knight 1

My wife and I are booked for the Rome/Miami cruise on the Riviera on November 14th, 2017. We are considering arriving 3 days early and touring Rome. We hope to be able to avoid staying in the hotel Oceania has planned. We have looked at tour companies that could replace the transfers from airport to hotel and then hotel to Cititavecchia. Does anybody have any information on a good company or a good hotel close to the main tourist attractions in Rome?

Many people, including yours truly, have recommended Rome Cabs. We also were very satisfied with Facile Taxi for the transfer from our Rome hotel to Civitavecchia.

I don't know what hotel Oceania is using in Rome but you don't have to avoid it. If you book on your own you will just pay much less. We most usually just look for our own hotel, but we HAVE stayed in the same hotel on occasion -- we just booked it ourselves. In fact, I often will check first to see what hotel Oceania is using and then check it out for myself.

I think Rome is like many large cities -- there isn't any one perfect location because while you may be close to some attractions and/or activities, you may be far from others. In Rome we like a hotel near the Spanish Steps but we aren't super-knowledgeable about Rome ... we did that based on recommendations from others here.

Mura

We used Rome Cabs for transfer from the City of Rome to the port last May it cost €130 for two people,very efficient and can recommend. We stayed at a small hotel near to the Trevi Fountain called Alberto Cesari, lovely breakfast on the roof terrace and the smallish hotel was a pleasure to stay at.

Our next Riviera cruise ends in Civitavecchia, does anyone know the cost of an Oceania transfer to airport at the end of the cruise? We may have some onboard credit to spend and this may be a way to use it up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app