Back to Back Cruises

golfer21

We have booked a Venice to Rome cruise when I received a PDF of the shore excursions there were none for Athens. I called Regent head office and was told this is classed as a btb cruise. My question is what provisions are made for passengers who are booked for both cruises, any information would be appreciated.

Thanks, Pat

I'm not sure that my answer will be relevant to you situation, but I'll try. It seems to me that when we've booked b2b cruises, there's no excursion listed in advance on that day when the 2nd part of the cruise embarks. BUT: There always are a couple of excursions for that port (Athens, I'm assuming in your case). The offerings usually come sometime during that first segment, or perhaps even on the last day of that first segment. Others more knowledgeable will correct me or add to what I've said. Have fun!

Yes, you should get one reservation for each speciality restaurant per segment of your cruise

Available excursions for the changeover port will be given to you by Destination Services part way through the first segment; this will be well in advance as they need to know how many continuing guests wish to partake

Yes, you should get one reservation for each speciality restaurant per segment of your cruise

Available excursions for the changeover port will be given to you by Destination Services part way through the first segment; this will be well in advance as they need to know how many continuing guests wish to partake

This is not how it worked for us. We were able to book excursions 240 days prior to the beginning of the second part of our B2B cruise. Note: Our last B2B cruise was in November/December 2016.

This is not how it worked for us. We were able to book excursions 240 days prior to the beginning of the second part of our B2B cruise. Note: Our last B2B cruise was in November/December 2016.

The OP, as I understand it, is asking about excursions for Athens during a B2B cruise Venice>Athens>Rome (Voyager, Oct 2017?)

I apologise that my information was wrong; the OP should therefore contact their TA and/or Regent again and request available excursions for the change-over port, Athens, so that they can be booked in advance in the same way as you could

I stand corrected by your superior knowledge, albeit we were also on a multi-segment cruise Dec16/Jan17 on Voyager and excursions for the changeover port were not made available until part way through the first segment; maybe this is particular to Voyager and is different for the other Regent ships

TC, maybe Regent has some cruises where you can book the excursions for the end/start port in a B2B; but Regent told us that for this cruise, Athens excursions can only be booked on board the Voyager.

Golfer, we, Jarconthemighty (see shore excursions thread), and you seem to be booked on the Voyager cruise leaving Venice on 10/8. Maybe it's time for one of us to start a roll call. We would do so; but first we have to resolve a conflict that might prevent us from being on this cruise.

Joe

TC, maybe Regent has some cruises where you can book the excursions for the end/start port in a B2B; but Regent told us that for this cruise, Athens excursions can only be booked on board the Voyager.

Golfer, we, Jarconthemighty (see shore excursions thread), and you seem to be booked on the Voyager cruise leaving Venice on 10/8. Maybe it's time for one of us to start a roll call. We would do so; but first we have to resolve a conflict that might prevent us from being on this cruise.

Joe

Thanks Joe. So this is apparently a special case. "We are onboard with a large group next month - many of whom are doing a B2B and all of whom were able to book excursions for both legs of the cruise. It's good that this was discussed so that posters know that there can be exceptions.

Hope you are both well!

Travelcat - yes, you can book excursions for the next cruise, just not the changeover days. We are on a Grand Voyage in August and have booked all excursions for the five segments, but cannot book excursions for the various changeover ports; that has to be done on board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Travelcat - yes, you can book excursions for the next cruise, just not the changeover days. We are on a Grand Voyage in August and have booked all excursions for the five segments, but cannot book excursions for the various changeover ports; that has to be done on board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks - I get it now!

On our back to back a year ago we received note from Destinations department after we were on the ship indicating the tours that were available on the day we docked before starting next cruise. Regent offers tours that day to those passengers who will be continuing on the following cruise. We booked all the cruises before we boarded but had to wait for the day the cruise ended and new one started. We had no problem getting the cruise we wanted on that day. Yes, you will get two dinner reservations per cruise. Have a wonderful cruise!